T.I.

Black People Can Be

Oversensitive, Too

11/28/2011 2:54 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1_xf1ahdc7_1_coot9dgnGay people aren't the only ones who need to learn how to laugh at themselves -- T.I. tells TMZ Live ... the black community is also guilty of being overly sensitive when it comes to jokes.

T.I. called in, standing by what he said in the recent Vibe interview ... that gay people who try to stifle arguably homophobic jokes simply because they're offensive are "not American."

And T.I. insists ... the argument doesn't just apply to gay people -- it applies to anyone who can't take a joke, black people included.

But there's one exception ... the n-word. Then all bets are off.

Michael Jackson Was A Pedo

Totally agree with him. I'm sick of how politically correct everybody is nowadays. The world is turning into a bunch of uptight idiots that can't take a joke ever. TMZ is part of the problem. The morons that work at TMZ have to run to GLAAD or whatever group somebody makes a joke or comments about to get their reactions. Loosen up and get a life people.

Kelster

life is way too short to waste it being a b**** about some jokes

XRaac

a rapper making half sense in context of a topic. hell has frozen over.

jack

didn't he use the "n" word in the lyrics to dead and gone? Hypocrite?

Pat

I always thought it worked both ways.. If Tracy Morgan (or anyone else) has the right to say whatever he wants then how is it "not fair" for organizations or groups to say whatever they want?

Susana

He's right but who made him an authority ob anything? In this country, people can say what they want. Sometimes it rude, racist and or prejudice. We define who we are, not what people call us. Everyone needs to relax and claim their self worth.

Mikey

They're the worst.

mike

Ahhh.. another story about black people.. Let it go TMZ you don't belong disscusing such important Topics as this. Stick to talking about Lindsy Lohan's Firecrotch and leave the Social issues Alone.

MmePopova

I don't call people racial/gender specific names, as such. If someone's being an *******, I might call them an *******, but not a jewish, black, white, female, man *******. Just a regular old *******.

Mikey

He right, many gay people are mentally ill.

charley

and they can be just like you...TOTAL IDIOTS! Guess thats where TI comes from!

D-INCARNATION

What's next a survey if the jews are oversensitve?

Monica

Nooooooooooooooooo, black people oversensitive??!!! Never!!

Mikey

Black people be sensitive but some of them are surprisingly good rhymers.

notalawyer

Whenever I look for a mentor on social issues I always look to “rappers”
2006–07: King, T.I. vs. T.I.P. and federal weapons charges