T-Boz

CrazySexyBankrupt

11/28/2011 4:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tboz is bankrupt
T-Boz ain't too proud to beg -- just like TLC sang back in the 90s -- because she's filed for bankruptcy.

According to docs filed last month in U.S. Bankruptcy Court, T-Boz (real name Tionne Watkins) found herself owing creditors $768,642.99 -- mostly from mortgages on her $1.2 million house.

The docs don't paint a picture of exorbitant spending -- she takes in $11,700/month in income, with monthly expenses totaling $8,821.

TLC had ten top ten singles, four number one singles, four multi-platinum albums, and four Grammy Awards ... but according to the docs, T-Boz only pulls in $1,200/month in royalties.

T-Boz might have dodged the bankruptcy bullet if she'd been able to collect the child support she claims she's owed -- which according to the docs is $250,000.

Calls to her attorney were not returned.

Truth

DAMN, JUST REALIZED TONI BRAXTON FILED FOR CHAPTER 10 TWICE AND SHE'S STILL LIVING PRETTY FREAKIN NICCCE! AT LEAST BASED ON WHAT THEY SHOW ON BRAXTON'S REALITY SHOW... JUST SAYIN. TRUTH!!

Greygoose125

Sad to hear about this - she has many medical problems (Sickle Cell Anemia, etc...) and an ex-husband (Mack 10) who doesn't pay child support. Hope she works out her issues.

CountryGal

Hard to feel sorry for someone raking in $11,000 a month. Some people would love to have that kind of money coming in.

Malkam Dior

I don't understand why these people purchase such expensive homes and they can't pay for it 5 years later...What did these people think that they were going to be rich forever? LOL

Aaron

She just keeps having bad luck. First her sickle cell hospitalization and now this.

hotbitch

For those of you wondering how she can be broke, jus*****ch TLC's Behind the Music. Left Eye broke that sh*t all the way down. Trust me, you'd be surprised just how few music artists are PAID. You have to write, produce, and most importantly OWN your music to get ahead. It's not that hard to go broke.

bebefj123

This is why I dont understand why these stars wont ever buy anything cash while they have the money. Then there would not be a mortgage. Obviously they are not smart and have poor legal counsel. Why are they always owing taxes, who are these accountants and why do they hire such bad accountants...why are these accountants not held accountable when they owe taxes? There seems like a niche someone could make a business to take over celebrity clients to handle their finances and ensure taxes are paid each throughtout the year so it wont balloon and become overwhelming and encourage home ownership- pay off the home and pay off 1-2 essential cars. Everything else should just be clothes and savings after that. I am trying to pay off my car so I wont have a car payment anymore and plan to pay off my mortgage early, so I wont pay such bills forever, then I can do what I want more without having those 2 major bills.

bebefj123

This is why I dont understand why these stars wont ever buy anything cash while they have the money. Then there would not be a mortgage. Obviously they are not smart and have poor legal counsel. Why are they always owing taxes, who aare their accountants and why do they hire such bad accountants...why are these accountants not held accounatble when the owe taxes? Thus seems like a niche someone could make a business to take over celebrity clients to handle their finances and ensure taxes are paid each year and to encourage home ownership- pay off the home and 1-2 essential cars so there would be stability.

bunny

She needs to grab Chilli and make a new album to get out of this one.

Stacey

Damn. T-Boz needs to trim her spending. I'm living on much less and I'm not declaring bankruptcy. Live within you means. Child support is to take care of your child. You can't use it to pay bills for yourself. Good luck trying to collect the child support from Mac 10. He's not responsible for her excess. Less is more. I hope it all works out.

Mary P

You guys realize with her "income" she doesn't qualify for any aid and is likely paying her medical herself right? She hit a pretty rough spot early last year I believe. Just because she makes some kind of cash doesn't mean that it isn't spoken for by legit means.

Her $760...k debt is "mostly" from mortgage. I.E. Likely around $650, which means she had paid the house halfway off already. Another $100k in credit from paying for medical and such isn't unfathomable. She couldn't get full coverage insurance because of a pre-existing condition and income flow.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

"Hey babe. My name's TBoz, from TLC. I was watchin you from across the bar, & I was wonderin if-"

"Uh uh honey: No scrubs. See ya, wouldn't wanna be ya."

Chuck Roast

Purchasing a home free and clear is "wack". It looks much "better" when one is caught on camera throwing $100 bills into the air or spending tens of thousands on bottles of alcohol at a strip club. To be seen in a $100 - $300 luxury car with a car-note is about as "good" as it gets.

bophus

@Mary P,

No where in it does it say she has $100k in medical bills. She might have medical bills, but she also has 11k income per month. Her house being 1/2 paid off is nothing to applaud. She had the money to pay it off outright, but she didnt. She knew she had medical problems and has continued to spend recklessly. i dont feel bad for her because she is "broke". I wish i was that broke. These artists, athletes, etc. always do the same thing. They never think about the future and only the now. What can I have that is shiny? What can I have that is big? What can I spend my money on today? I save for retirement, they save for boats. Too bad for them.

nu sox n draws

how is this different from stealing?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments