LAPD to Travis Barker:

You're Pissed, Let's Talk

11/28/2011 3:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1128_travis_barker_lapd_tmz_ex
The LAPD wants a face-to-face meeting with Travis Barker -- hoping to find out why the rocker has accused an officer of crossing the line during a routine traffic stop this weekend ... TMZ has learned.

Barker was pulled over Sunday after an officer noticed the drummer's car had no license plate and illegally tinted windows. Cops confirm Barker was issued a "fix-it" ticket and sent on his way.

But after the incident, Barker BLASTED the cop on Twitter -- saying, "Officer FARD of LAPD, get a life man. Find some bank robbers or do something productive 2 do with your time. I know high school was hard 4 u."

Barker continued, "Pullin me over interrogating me & acting like u did over tinted windows till u scared the piss out my kids was uncalled 4.Job well done man."

He also claims the officer "had the nerve" to ask if he had guns in the car.

Now, TMZ has learned ... Sgt. Riggs of the Topanga Station tells TMZ, "I'd like to invite Travis to speak with me about the incident ... and possibly discuss the situation with the officers involved."

A rep for Barker tells TMZ, "We are handling this privately with the LAPD."

Arog

I didn't think I could hate this guy more, but here he goes proving anything is possible. What a self entitled prick, no plate and below legal level of tint degree and he has the audacity to get pissy for being pulled over? You look like a douche, act like a douche then you must be one.

Jennifer

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! HE WANTS TO RANT ABOUT A COP DOING HIS JOB? IF I DIDN'T KNOW WHO TRAVIS BARKER WAS I WOULD BE ASKING THOSE SAME QUESTIONS? HE LOOKS LIKE A TATTED UP THUG!!!! YOU LOOK THE PART DUDE, EXPECT TO BE TREATED THAT WAY!!!!! YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN NICE AND NOT AN AS****E!!!!!

kristy

Your people's comments are awesome ! Already said EVERYTHING that I wanted to.
What a Turd his tweeker lookin fool is.
Get the f*ck over yourself and abide by the laws dude.
And leave your kids out of it, I'm almost POSITIVE the officer was no more aggressive with you then you were with him as I imagine you pulled the haughty holier-than-thou "what you don't know who I am" bullSh*t.
these celebrities....dang. RIDICULOUS !!!
(I NEVER leave comments but this time....I HAD to!) LMAO !

n

dude your washed up who even cares about you, your trying to make headlines not gunna work. go cry to hawthorn heights, or write a poem bout it. he was doing his job u broke the law, quit crying, man up if you can, and take care of it as a normal person would do

karen dapello

I say way to go to him for standing up for his rights and making the encounter public. Another unnecessary profiling and hassle job by LAPD. Police mistreatment of innocent citizens happens every day. Beware, any one of us could be next, or have you not been watching the news lately?

Nick

Travis Isn't the kind of the guy that would be arrogant and verbally ignorant with cops in person for no reason. Maybe there was no confrontation and Barker chose to tweet about what happened? No ones a judge here and no ones definitely a SAINT here!!

I support Travis Barker on this one!

tamiecc

Really Barker did you think anyone would side with you?? I think not! You are not above the law!! Go LAPD!

futmz

I'll bet if he had simply said "Lindsay Lohan", the officer would've just tucked tail and split. Los Angeles, you know.

static

Comply with the law and you don't get pulled over.

Dustin

Jerks..... Expecting him to follow law like rest of us have to. What's wrong with you people.

EastCoastChopper

Blanco basura! We know that...But why is Sgt Rigs so Starstruck? Would he have a meeting with some poor black kid who got pulled over for less than Barker's laundry list of violations? I bet not...

John

Another celebrity demanding that he be treated differently than other citizens. What a poser.

jason

Its funny that Travis says"get some bank robbers". Bank robbers are some of the only people I can image that would ever drive around without a license plate on the car! It is the biggest red flag you can flash to drive around without a plate. Are you kidding dude? So a cop who rolls up on your dumb ass,( no plate,cant see into the car) is supposed to think "oh that must be Travis Barker and his children lets not bother him about not having plates on his pimped out low rider" WHF Travis, you just proved how much of a stupid prick you really are. Why dont they go catch some bank robbers? What a child you are. Grow the hell up dude.

chuck katz

Travis Barker????? Where do I begin? Spoiled Little Bitch. 5'2" ,120 pounds, a mouth of a MMA fighter and a Body Guard to protect it. He is a Drummer in a LAME ASS Boy Band who made a little money and now he thinks he gets to enjoy some kind of special treatment. Come On Jack Ass Get a Life. Cops pull over people without license plates and Limo Tint on their windows, thats what they do. He is so irrelevant that he has to use getting pulled over for a legit reason to get his name back in the news.

Observer

I bet cry baby Travis wants to talk 'Privately' IF at all because what he tweeted I doubt is really how it went down.
Hey Whiner, 'Who' initiated this by breaking 2 laws??
I wish LAPD would release the audio which each officer has so we can see what a cry baby liar wannabe tough guy Baby Barker is.
Wimp.