Patrice O'Neal

Dead at 41

11/29/2011 10:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Breaking News - Patrice ONeal died Monday night
Comedian Patrice O'Neal died Tuesday morning ... as a result of a stroke he suffered back in October ... this according to his friends at the "Opie and Anthony" radio show.

O'Neal had been a staple in the comedy world for years -- and performed at the "Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen" back in September.

O'Neal was a regular guest on the "Opie and Anthony" radio show -- and appeared on several TV shows such as "Chappelle Show," "The Office," and "Tough Crowd with Colin Quinn."

Opie just tweeted, "Yes it's true that our pal Patrice O'Neal has passed away. The funniest and best thinker I've ever known PERIOD."

O'Neal was 41.

update_bar

10:33 AM PST -- Patrice's rep, Matt Frost, tells TMZ ... "It is with terrible sadness we must report that Patrice O’Neal has passed away this morning at 7:00 AM due to the complications of the stroke he suffered on October 19."

Frost adds, "Many of us have lost a close and loved friend; all of us have lost a true comic genius. His mother, who was also his best friend, was at his side.  Patrice is survived by his wife, Vondecarlo; his step daughter Aymilyon, sister Zinder, and his mother Georgia."

"The family wishes to thank all of the fans and friends who have expressed an outpouring of love and support for Patrice these past weeks. We ask that you please respect the family’s request for privacy at this difficult time."

Sheri Chambers

I was shocked to hear that Patrice has

passed away he was such a great person and he was funny R.I.P. Patrice his family and friends are in my prayers!

Smuggler

PITBULL!!!! WOOOFFFF!!!! RIP

sb

A razor sharp wit and an unparalleled ability to turn a mirror on our hypocrisy to expose our bulls**t was his genius...I already miss him. RIP, Brother

Kevin

A talented and brave, and very insignful man. There was so much he needed to accomplish (a book was sorely needed). We have tons of youtube material as one form of testament. I am glad that he will be remembered.

markus

TERRIBLE news. I jus*****ched the Sheen roast this past weekend. Loved Patrice, always thought he was hilarious. RIP.

Donna

Rest in Peace Mr. O'Neal. God bless the family and keep them strong. Amen.

Ashley

RIP

Johnny

RiP Patreeky! The O and A show will never be the same without you. Also, shut the **** up Stacy. Go listen to your golden boy hoo hoo live 5 times a month.

Carl

Too bad. I thought he was hilarious back a few years ago when he was on VH-1 all the time. Also in The Office, although his part was pretty small there. I hope some good comes out of this in that maybe some overweight people will see what happened to Patrice and focus on their health.

sbretz3

Patrice made me laugh on my favorite show the Office and then he made me laugh harder when he was on Charlie Sheen's roast. Sad to see he passed.

snowcat

Wow,so sad.Patrice was a very funny guy.He will be missed.

Nancy

RIP Patrice! I am bummed out we all lost a funny guy. I was hoping he would pull through.

KnuckleDragger

"Every man dies. Not every man really lives." Braveheart

jen

How sad l loved him he was hilarious

Bill Leslie

"Vondecarlo; his step daughter Aymilyon, sister Zinder" -- wtf - has anyone considered maybe he died from embarrassment from these whack stupid a55 names.