Eric Dane & Rebecca Gayheart

Insane California Winds Knock

Tree Down on Their House

12/1/2011 8:16 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1201_rebecca_tree_launchWinds reaching nearly 100 mph are wreaking havoc on Los Angeles -- and Eric Dane and Rebecca Gayheart felt it first hand when a giant tree toppled over outside their Beverly Hills home.

Dane and Gayheart were reportedly at home at the time, but didn't get hurt. The tree -- which the LA Fire Department says was 50 feet long and weighed 800 lbs. -- also took down power lines ... so the area was sealed off.

1201_rebecca_tree_splash
Trees have been knocked down all over town, from Pasadena to Sunset Blvd.

Sometimes living in L.A. really does blow.

Carl

Weird how so much of the LA area and even Santa Barbara are having crazy winds, but here in Ventura county there isn't the slightest breeze.

URSilly

Maybe the winds would go down if Kim Kardashian would stop "blowing hot air" up viewer's butts.

Jay W.

San Diego under severe wind warnings... pero nada

Delaware D

Didnt Rebecca Gayheart kill a person in her car?? And now we are supposed to feel sorry for her HOUSE? no thanks.

jeff

Enough of this meaningless news. Are one of the kardashians taking a morning sh t right now? With that fat ass, you KNOW kim could make a mean stink in the bathroom. So someone could have been killed, so what. What is the kardashians opinion on world peace? Famine? US economy? tmz aka the kardashian network. You used to show nip slips, crotch shots etc. Now it's a bunch buttfaces everyday?

patty

it's crazy here = they said the winds were over 80 mph, plus we are wimps

John_Dunkel

I wrote a little abstract haiku.

Rebecca Gayheart killed a kid.
Laura Bush killed a guy.
Matthew Broderick killed a guy.
Don King killed two guys.
Free Bird.

Sono

Rebecca behind the wheel of a car sounds a lot more dangerous than the storm in question.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

I moved from California to Texas, where I learned that trees fall down all the time.

jeff

Thanks for using the arrow to point out where it was. I'm so stupid I couldn't have figured it out. duh

Throwback kid

Who is Hollywoods worst driver Rebecca or Halle Berry? I guess it would be Rebecca since she actually killed someone. Oh, I forgot throw Ray J's sister Brandy in there, she also killed someone with her car. All three of these bimbos should go back to driving school, the roads in LA are simply not safe with these woman on the road. Did any of them have to do any jail time? Oh, I forgot celebs can kill people in LA and not have to go to jail

Bruno

I heard Karin Ann Peniche was seen blowing clouds on the premises. Go figure!

Neil

I moved from Pasadena to Sunset Blvd. I've got a downed tree right at my corner and it's even bigger than this Rebecca Gayhearts tree. Btw I don't even know who she is. She must not be that famous.

Lena

Why is this news?

New Englander

Big flippin deal. This happened to like every other house here in CT a few weeks ago when the freak snow hit us.
No one cried for us