Conrad Murray

Appeals Manslaughter Conviction

12/2/2011 3:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1002_cm_EX_appeal
Dr. Conrad Murray has just filed an appeal, challenging his conviction for involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson ... TMZ has learned.

Murray filed the document in pro per -- which means he's representing himself instead of using a lawyer.

On the portion of the document where a lawyer will usually state his or her firm's contact information -- Murray lists "Men's Central Jail" ... and includes his booking number.

While he is representing himself, Murray is still communicating with one of the lawyers who repped him in the manslaughter trial, Nareg Gourjian.

update_bar
Gourjian tells TMZ ... "This case presents a gold mine of issues for any appellate lawyer.  Dr. Murray is confident that the Court of Appeal will vindicate him."

HumanNature

Pegasus:

THE "QUACK" IS A EXTREMELY JEALOUS, HATEFUL MINDED PERSON!!!!

HE REMINDS ME OF A CRAB IN A POT!!!!

Joseph Diehl

Who gives a ****? Everyone appeals everything

HumanNature

THE "QUACK" AND HOMO!!!

2 OVER ZEALOUS PEAS!!!

ONE LOST THEIR MEDICAL LICENSE!!!

THE SECOND ONE ON THE VERGE OF LOSING THEIRS!!!

ISN'T LIFE GRAND!!!

Pegasus

Okay - now you know that Murray is Not about to take the fall for MJ's death. So now, he is going to Sing like a Canary and pull all of those involved out. It won't be too much longer - and we should hear or see something about Tohme, Randy Philips, etc. klein is only the beginning.

But Oh, I do so love the fact that Klien is being called out! I sincerly do hope that he looses his Medical License also, and his appointment on the Board of the FDA! JMO

nan

OhWell: about an hour ago

Hey,
HumanNature:

Did You Bid On Wacko's Piss
Stained Mattress For Your Collection?

Just Think You Can Sleep
In The King Of Bed Wetting
Very Own Mattress....Oh Lucky You!

I Bet MOOooOO-MOOooo
Is Jealous.
Like Like 0 Dislike Like 0

just wondering ...what gives ??

now you are talking about piss stains.
I hope you are getting time and a half for doing the weekend shift

At the end of the day ....Michael Jackson Legacy remained in tact,despite this site

and btw I am only responding to you so you will have a job..lol..best of luck..

Janar

I'm wondering when is Nicole Alverez going to jump ship.

HumanNature

"INSTRUMENT" SHOULD BE JUMPING THE SHIP SOOOOOOOON, IF SHE HAVEN'T ALREADY!!!!!

HER INVOLVEMENT WITH THE "QUACK" HAVE COST HER ANY FUTURE ACTING JOBS IN HOLLYWOOD!!!!!

SHE'S FINISH BEFORE SHE EVEN GOT STARTED!!!!

EVEN THE STRIP CLUBS HAVE MORALS AND WON'T HIRE HER!!!!

SHE'S BAD FOR BUSINESS AND HAVE A CRIMINAL ELEMENT ABOUT HER!!!

ISN'T LIFE JUST GRAND!!!

HumanNature

THIS POST IS ESPECIALLY FOR OhWell AND ALL THE "DUMB AS DIRT" HATERS!!!!

IN YOUR FACE, DUMMIES!!!!

IS THIS THE KARMA THAT ALL THE HATERS WERE POSTING ABOUT?????

Michael Jackson legacy expected to thrive despite shadow of drug abuse cast at doctor’s trial

The private world of Michael Jackson, fiercely shielded by the superstar in life, was exposed in the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray. But rather than suffering harm from revelations of drug use, experts say Jackson’s legacy and posthumous earning power will survive any damage done and could actually grow after he was portrayed as a victim of a money-hungry doctor.

Jackson died before he could launch a series of highly anticipated comeback concerts in London as he tried to regain the towering status he enjoyed when he released the “Thriller” album in 1983.

But his death did breathe new life into record sales and boosted other projects to generate hundreds of millions of dollars for his estate, even as his already tarnished personal life took another hit by revelations about his drug use.

Jackson zoomed to the top of the Forbes Magazine list of highest earning dead celebrities and his executors are moving quickly on more projects designed to burnish the performer’s image and expand the inheritance of his three children.

A Cirque du Soleil extravaganza, “Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour” opens in Las Vegas this weekend, a precursor to a permanent installation at the Mandalay Bay Hotel, and fans are expected to flock there for a “Fan Fest” exhibit of Jackson memorabilia.

After the trial, a judge made it clear that the defense effort to cast Jackson as the villain in the case had been a miserable failure. Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter, called a reckless opportunist and sentenced to the maximum four years in prison.

Judge Michael Pastor also blasted Murray for experimenting on the pop star with the operating-room anesthetic propofol to help him battle debilitating insomnia, even though the drug was never meant to be used in a private home.

Some experts say the revelations made the King of Pop look more like a regular person coping with a difficult challenge.

“In the final analysis, not a lot of damage was done,” Jackson biographer J. Randy Taraborelli said. “I think the trial humanized Michael Jackson. It presented him as a human being with problems.”

As evidence unfolded, “It definitely made our hearts go out to Michael Jackson. He was a person suffering a great deal and not getting the help he needed,” the author said.

Taraborelli said the entertainer’s family, fans and estate executors were concerned before the trial that testimony would paint Jackson as responsible for his own death while resurrecting past accusations of child molestation and bizarre behavior by the King of Pop.

But the judge limited testimony and evidence to Jackson’s final months and specifically ruled out any mention of the 2005 molestation trial.

Thomas Mesereau Jr., the attorney who won Jackson’s acquittal in that case, believes the Murray trial did damage Jackson’s reputation but said the impact would likely be short term.

“It certainly didn’t help to have all this testimony about drug use,” Mesereau said. “But as time passes, people will focus more on his music and the negatives will fade.”

LONG LIVE THE KING OF "ALL" MUSIC, MICHAEL JACKSON

R.I.P

YOUR ARMY OF FANS WORLD WIDE GOT YOUR BACK!!!!

Pegasus

I hate to say this - because God knows - I am Not on Klein
's side by a long shot! However, I know that whenever I have to see another Dr. for any kind of test and/or treatment for something - I have to fill out forms that state what drugs I am taking, the mg's of each drug, what the drugs are for, etc. along with a release form to my Doctor to provide the necessary information to the current Doctor in attendance to me. Without these forms - The Doctor is under No Obligation of any kind legally speaking - to provide the release of personal information to another Doctor as to the Care and Treatment that the patient is receiving from that Doctor.

MJ Never filled out such forms or signed a release of any kind. Therefor, Dr. Klein is under No Obligation to release any information to Murray about the treatments and care that Michael was recieving from him. Hey, that is the law!

Also, MJ at time of Autopsy did not show any Demerol in his system. And unlike Murray - at least Dr. Klein kept records! However, if Murray tries to place the blame on Klein at this Appeals thing - He is only going to make a Bigger A Hole out of himself! If that is at all possible! I am not saying that Klein is innocent. Because God knows - Klein is Guilty as Sin for a Great many things in a Whole Lot of ways. But as I said, without those forms filled out and signed by MJ himself - Dr. Klein is under No Obligation whatsoever (legally speaking) to Disclose any information of Michael's to anyone! It is a Patients Right of Privacy.

This was something that just occurred to me. As I have recently had to deal with this subject myself. And I enquired my Physician about it and that is what he told me. So I thought that I should mention it here since the subject is pertinent

So even if Murray Supenenaed the Medical Records of Michael's from Klein - it is to no avail to him. Just something I thought that I should mention since I was thinking about it.

BEVERLY

There is no possible way any Court of Appeal,could vindicate Dr Murray,and because he CANNOT or WILLNOT see as a physcian,what he did to cause Michael's death,he is a danger,therefore,he will stay in jail.Just maybe Dr Klein can share his cell,I give anything to see that happen,FIRST,you DO NOT take on a famous or any Pt without CHECKING his medical backround.You keep ACCURATE RECORDS,and if you have to omitt,you have given a med to the EMT'S OR ER PHYSCIAN,you know your guilt.I think that is why Judge Pastor was so angry,Dr Murray pretends to not know,what he did,but he does know.

BEVERLY

Dr Klein,can and will be taken care of by the Medical Board,that is there function,if they feel Dr Klein should be brought up on crimminal charges they will do so.I suspect a suspension of his Medical license for a time.

HumanNature

OhWell AKA "DUMB AS A BAG OF ROCKS"

YOU GOT THE MESSAGE!!!!

NOW, TRY POSTING UNDER YOUR "MENTALLY DISTURBED" NAMES!!!

Pegasus

I hate to say this - because God knows - I am not on Klein's side at all. But, I know that whenever I have to go for any kind of tests or treatment of any kind from a different doctor - I have to fill out forms that tell the doctor I am currently seeing what drugs I am taking, what the mg's are, what are they used for, etc. In addition to a release form.

MJ never filled out such forms. And legally speaking, Dr. Klein is under no obligation to release any information to Dr. Murray or anyone else of the care that he was giving to Michael, and the treatments involved. And at least, Dr. Klein kept records - unlike Murray.

And since No Demerol was found in MJ at time of Autopsy. Murray is only going to make a Bigger A Hole out of Himself when he tries to place the blame on Klein at the Appeals! If that is at all possible! I am not saying that Klien is innocent of anything - because God knows - He is Guilty as Sin in many respects for A Lot of things. But this was something that occured to me and thought that I should mention it here.

HumanNature

Pegasus:

DID YOU GET A CHANCE TO READ MY RESPONSE TO YOU????

YOU MUST ASSUME THAT MJ FILLED OUT PERTINENT INFORMATION CONCERNING HIS MEDICAL HISTORY WITH KLEIN BECAUSE THAT WAS NOT BROUGHT UP DURING THE TRIAL!!!!

THE "QUACK" DEFENSE ONLY SPOKE ABOUT THE TREATMENT/PROCEDURES AND MEDICATION THAT MJ WAS GIVEN!!!!

I WILL SAY THIS!!!

KLEIN IS A BETTER DOCTOR THAN CONRAD MURRAY WILL EVER BE!!!

AT LEAST, KLEIN KEPT MEDICAL RECORDS, THE "QUACK" DIDN'T!!!!

YOU KNOW, I KNOW AND THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS THAT CONRAD MURRAY IS TRYING TO SHIFT THE BLAME ON KLEIN WHEN IN FACT, MJ DIED UNDER THE "QUACK" WATCH!!!!

HE CAN NOT AND WILL NOT GET AROUND THAT "MAJOR" FACT!!!!

THIS CELEBRITY DOCTOR SHOPPING WILL SOMEWHAT END AND THAT IS THE "STRONG MESSAGE" THAT THE LA DA OFFICE AND MEDICAL BOARD IS TRYING TO CONVEY TO THE PUBLIC AND CELEBRITIES!!!!

THEY WILL NOT TOLERATE IT ANYMORE!!!!

HumanNature

mac the knife:

I JUST LOVE YOUR POST!!!!

REMEMBER THAT OLD SAYING: "INSTRUMENT" DON'T HAVE A POT TO PISS IN AND A WINDOW TO THROW IT OUT"!!!!

LOL