'Deliverance'

Mountain Man Actor Dies

12/2/2011 8:52 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1202_bill_mckinny_EX_01
Bill McKinney
-- who starred in the famous "Squeal like a pig" scene in "Deliverance" (below) -- has died after a battle with lung cancer.

McKinney's Facebook page contains a statement ... reading, "Today our dear Bill McKinney passed away at Valley Presbyterian Hospice."

The statement continues, "An avid smoker for 25 years of his younger life, he died of cancer of the esophagus. He was 80 and still strong enough to have filmed a Doritos commercial 2 weeks prior to his passing, and he continued to work on his biography with his writing partner."

Aside from playing the crazy, rapist Mountain Man in "Deliverance" -- he also starred in 7 Clint Eastwood flicks ... including "The Outlaw Josey Wales."

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes! Great actor-- RIP!

anony

Burt Reynolds got him and the other guy the parts in Deliverance. I saw Reynolds on tv years ago telling the story. It was extremely funny.

Bob

Still the most disturbing sexual assault on film. Take it from a homophobe.

Tinalouise

Wow..he lived until the ripe age of 80 and was a smoker?? I don't smoke but I wonder what all of the health fanatics have to say about this one..

moxie

Sad to hear this, but, 80 years old, and a smoker for a chunk of his life, ain't bad... Just a side note, I saw Deliverence as a teen in Atlanta, and to this day, I won'*****ch it again...it was just horrifying to me.

lalaland

I never have been able to watch that scene. Probably the most cringe-worthy scene from a movie of all time.

Bud

banjo playing: "bing-bing-bing-bing"

CLINT

That movie creeped me out and made me suspicious of Hillbillies. The whole purdy mouth and squeel like a pig thing is unfortunately seered in my brain. Never going camping again.

Brenda

I remember when I first saw this film, I was like...."Gosh, I wish I had NEVER seen that"

Steve

I always wonder how much Ned Beatty got paid for the Pig Scene....very disturbing scene....One of my favorite movies, actually 2: both Clint's with Orangutan, Clyde with McKinney in that biker group's war with Clint's character...RIP Mr.Bill McKinney!

Todd

The man dies and this is the scene you want everybody to remember him by? He was in a ton of movies. The Green Mile, Bronco Billy, Any Which Way movies, and a ton of tv shows.

cindy

I meant funny.

mousetrap

This is one of the most notorious and grossest scenes in film and I am really surprised you guys at TMZ put it up. But I guess if you can show the Kardashians, you can definitely show this.

willie1

Hey it was a well acted great movie. The rape scene, although disturbing, was part of the story. Does anyone even remember what the word acting means anymore because we are bombarded with scripted reality stars? It was meant to be disturbing and rememderable...

broncosgodess

Fact check... the esophagus is not in the lungs.. He died of esophogeal cancer, NOT lung cancer.

Just sayin'.