Sofia Coppola

Planning a Movie

About The Burglar Bunch

12/4/2011 1:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1204_Sofia_Coppola_Nick_Prugo_GETTY_EX
Sofia Coppola is once again casting her lens on Hollywood -- but she's not focusing on movie stars this time, but rather the people who stole from them!

According to our sources, Coppola is developing a film based on the infamous Burglar Bunch. We're told the film, which would be produced by daddy Francis' Zoetrope studio, does not have a start date or even a script yet.

Sources close to the project tell TMZ ... producers approached Burgler Buncher Nick Prugo about being a consultant on the film, but he declined. We're told Tess Taylor, sister of Buncher Alexis Neiers, has now signed on to the project.

Calls to Coppola were not returned.

brown dynamite

Predictable casting choice....

Rachel Lee being played by Brenda Song

vindog

The guy on the right, looks like a short haired Max.

e

Why is it that Hollywood absolutely insists on glorifying bad behavior, even when Hollywood is the victim?

There's a problem here

Oh that's just great, what is she going to call it ... Godfather 4? She totally fvck.ed up GF-3. I wish my father was someone famous instead of some working class schmuck.

TMP

This is a stupid idea.

joecrabs

Is there an Oscar category for most boring subject? What, no Kardashian script was available?

Azzkicker

Just goes to show that Hollywood is totally out of ideas. The stupid thing is, there's plenty of great material in books, to translate to the big screen. But, the stupid studio suits only want to make prequels, sequels, remakes, reboots and really stupid ideas like this one. Bunch of braindead morons...

Fat Mike

Hey Nick, I know from previous articles on you that you read the comments here.
You really need to take them up on this one. It'll be a little spare cash in your pocket and you can tell the story the way you want. I can guarantee that if you're not on set they will destroy you in that movie.
Ask Michael Alig what happens when you have no control over your image. He's still sitting in prison due to the parole board watching the movie Party Monster before his hearing.
Think about it.

Fat Mike

BTW, about bloody time this movie was made. Still reckon Sofia will eff it up, but am glad it's not going to be a crappy daytime movie starring Tori Spelling or someone similar.

Kai

ALREADY DONE BEFORE, so why make another boring one?

Caperlady

There already is one, a made for tv movie-already shown in Canada

Lekili

And just how much money are these little punks going to make for stealing?
Only in America does it pay to be a criminal.
Sophia you are better than this.
Don't make this idiots famous, please.

KnuckleDragger

The Coppolas...not a good-lookin' one in the bunch! It seems each time they breed their offspring gets freakier lookin'. If Weston breeds...expect to be disappointed.

bnhart

I thought there was a lifetime movie based on this story already??

Andrea Arlington

A quote from Alexis Neiers during an interview/article written by Johnny Video and posted online earlier this week,"If I remain humble and address the past, and not in a way that is seeking acceptance, beacuse I have gotten that from God, but in a way that says, I ALEXIS NEIERS WAS A LYING CHEATING, DRUNKEN, DOPE FIEND, WHO LIVES AT A BEST WESTERN ON FRANKILIN AND VINE, WHO HAD A TV SHOW, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...AND NOW WHAT? It is possible to recover...I asked myself what am I going to do, not just to change me, but what am I going to do to help the 86,000 drug addicted teens and youth on the streets of California today? Alexis completed the first level of training and intern hours to become a licensed drug and alcohol counselor, over the last 12 months and her goal is to open a community building or safe haven for youth and young adults to gain essential lifeskills, GED's,Job readiness training...I beleive in building self esteem by doing esteemable acts...

Read more: http://www.eonline.com/news/will_emma_watson_play_alexis_neiers_in/297970#ixzz1o2afBGvM

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3