Christie Brinkley

Sorry I Blew Off My Taxes

12/5/2011 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Christie Brinkley
Christie Brinkley vows to repay the IRS the $500k she owes in back taxes by Wednesday -- telling TMZ, "I regret not paying more attention to my accounting."

Brinkley -- who's worth a frickin' fortune thanks to modeling, infomercials, endorsements and real estate -- was hit with a tax bill to the tune of $531,720 back in November.

Now, the supermodel tells us, "I was surprised to learn of the tax lien filing and took immediate steps to rectify this matter. I discovered the tax lien was the result of an error."

Brinkley adds, "My taxes will be paid in full by Wednesday, December 7th and I expect the tax lien to be released immediately thereafter."

"I regret not paying more attention to my accounting, but I have been, and remain focused on my whole family as both my parents navigate serious health issues."

1002_TAX_PROBLEMS_FOOTER

cindyloo

Oh please.......don't insult us. The IRS sends countless letters, probably even certified to let you know they are filing a lien. It's all about her and her image.....

A.M.D

And Westley went to jail. Hmmm, all you gotta do is be a pretty blond hair, blue eyed thing and it's a no problem deal.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

She blew off her taxes and Billy Joel...What a coinkydink.

Peggy

One year we owed the IRS less than $2,000 and they came after us like terrorists! If they collected all the back taxes these rich people owe, mabybe we could clean up our deficit.

FERN

no big deal...............

egram

at least she apologized.

Zmyth

She was surprised to learn of the tax lien? Whatever. Nice line of B.S.

svizzy

too much taxes in the u.s.
get your a## out there.
worked my a## of for 7years in germany and it was a nightmare.
now almost 2yrs in monaco and voila no more income tax.(selling high profile estates all over europe)
only social insurance is a little high but definitely worth it.

ohpleeeeeeze

She is a very successful and shrewd bsinesswoman and so I think this smells a lot like some bitter loser from her past made this rarely public glitch a "story" to lamely try to tarnish her incredibly golden brand. I don't think you have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure out who it could be.

ohpleeeeeeze

Sounds suspicious to me - like some angry, bitter one's ongoing, lame attempts to harm her legendary, golden brand... How did this even become public when these oversights almost never are???

Erin

So did she pay up? You never hear the endings of these stories.

Kathy

Christie Brinkley is always claiming "family first" -- it's a joke. She's never with her kids!! So now her tax problems are because she's been preoccupied with family issues. Yeah, right. She has more money than she knows what to do with -- CHRISTIE, PAY YOUR TAXES AND QUIT BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE FOR YOUR SCREW-UPS!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3