Christie Brinkley

Sorry I Blew Off My Taxes

12/5/2011 2:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Christie Brinkley
Christie Brinkley vows to repay the IRS the $500k she owes in back taxes by Wednesday -- telling TMZ, "I regret not paying more attention to my accounting."

Brinkley -- who's worth a frickin' fortune thanks to modeling, infomercials, endorsements and real estate -- was hit with a tax bill to the tune of $531,720 back in November.

Now, the supermodel tells us, "I was surprised to learn of the tax lien filing and took immediate steps to rectify this matter. I discovered the tax lien was the result of an error."

Brinkley adds, "My taxes will be paid in full by Wednesday, December 7th and I expect the tax lien to be released immediately thereafter."

"I regret not paying more attention to my accounting, but I have been, and remain focused on my whole family as both my parents navigate serious health issues."

1002_TAX_PROBLEMS_FOOTER

Ms Fun Loving

It's all about me. First Girls

bring back recent posts

..she was doing fine with explanation up until blaming it on fact her parents are ill..we allllllllll deal with stuff..

OooooNooo!

What a TOTAL MLIF -- if I were the IRS Agent I'm sure we could "work something out". . .

Reader

Navigate parents serious health issues and possibly a bad accountant.. sounds plausible..looking good Christie and you have been doing Broadway. A model turning to Broadway instead of some actor trying to get their way back to being a serious actor. Just keep on doing what you do and don't let anyone keep you down.

anony

We all know what a....lovely....person she is.

micheal

Dear Christie... you are forgiven

Areader

I pray her parents get well!

bobseabreeze

now she qualifies for a cabinet position in the wonderbama administration!!!!

jetfanglo

finally someone who says "sorry,...... i f#@*ed up"....no blame on anyone else........only herself.........how friggin' refreshing............

Straight Talkin Texan

Classy as always, Christie. Love you!

Alix

I hope her parents get well, but that was certainly a gratuitous reference to them.

CountryGal

Praying for your parents Christie.

Throwback kid

No problem Christie, we have millions of illegal aliens in this country that don't pay any taxes at all. They use our schools, hospitals etc and the IRS doesn't touch them

FLUX

BS, the IRS sends many notices before they act, and using your parents health issues as an excuse is just repulsive. Of course I am probably wrong because anyone with that smile can't be guilty.

There's a problem here

WTF? I am by no means wealthy, pretty much skirting by what used to be considered middle class but I have a CPA take care of my taxes every year because if I don't pay my taxes I promise you they'll be beating my door down to haul my ass to jail. Pay up bitch, you're no better than the rest of us.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments