Alec Baldwin

Tossed by American Airlines Captain

12/6/2011 3:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1206_alec_baldwin_aa_logo_exd

The last straw in the Alec Baldwin/American Airlines incident came when he "slammed" the bathroom door so loudly the captain of Flight 4 had to get involved ... according to people on the plane.

We're told Baldwin's tweets about the incident are on point -- flight attendants wanted him to shut off his cell phone in the middle of a game of "Words with Friends" ... after the cabin door closed, but the plane remained at the gate.

But according to passengers ... after the confrontation over his phone, Alec got up to go to the bathroom and angrily slammed the lavatory door.  We're told it was so loud the captain called back to flight attendants to find out what was happening.

That's when the captain himself made the call to have Baldwin removed.

Sources close to Alec claim he did not slam the door, and only got up to get the flight attendant's name so he could file a complaint -- but because the fasten seat belt sign was on he was asked to leave the plane.

Alec boarded the next LAX-JFK flight -- and we're guessing he's enjoying an intense match of 'Words' right now ... at 40,000 feet.

ChefTips

I can't wait to hear Ricky Gervais's take on this at the next Golden Globes....

Emilio

Anyone else would have had the marshals handcuff them and thrown them in jail....

Steve c

Too busy calling his daughter a fat pig again. what a d-bag!

MLBaron

There should be no disruption on a flight what so ever for the safety of the passengers - period. I don't care what your name is. The flight crew is getting you as a passenger to your destination safely. This washed up movie star from the past has an over rated sense of self importance.

Scooter

What a ****.

pyrochick

When the cabin doors close and they tell the passengers to turn off all electronics, that is for the safety of ALL passengers so that nothing electronic interferes with the flight instruments. Also, the seatbelt sign was on which means that he was to remain seated like everyone else! I've always liked Alec Baldwin, but he should obey the rules like the rest of the kids!

Wild One

I wish I was on that plane. I would have yelled "Oh my G*d! I think he's trying to highjack the plane!" Then I would have jumped on him and started to kick the sh*t out of him as all of the other people on the plane joined in! (hyperbole of course, not really).

The guy is a jerk. I log over 100K mile in the air each year and I have never seen someone disobey the air crew to this extent. Good for the pilot and the crew. Too bad for those at united.

ed

he is a pompous, over-exposed piece of garbage, with a self-righteous mouth! Although I may agree with many of his views, I can't stand his mouth. He should shut-the-f up and go back to dup Ling Island where he belongs! Who needs that pompous piece-of-s......?

seashell4ever

Give me a break, it must be for T.V. Jesse is a low life...

matt

I travel often. I still surprised people open there big mouth when they are in the aircraft. The flight crew is just waiting for someone to say someone wrong so they can toss them off the plane. My advice when flying is sit down and shut up. If not, drive.

Mike

I'd love to play him Friends with Words. I wonder if he's ever gotten a word with four or more letters....that is, without adding an 's', which is what he is.

sitbooboosit

You can tell this guy is an ahole.

- calls his daughter a fat bitch
- plane crashes by his building and demands the yellow tape be removed to let him into his building.

what a jerk, will never be an A-List just fat jerk

Top Dogg

this guy must be a broke actor if he's flying commercial. what a jerk!

Darrel

Maybe the rude thougtless little pig will listen to the flight crews instructions next time.

Kaffee

I think Alec is a good actor, can be really funny--BUT--he really is an arrogant a**.