Terrence Howard

My Wife Is LYING --

I Never Threatened to Kill Her

12/6/2011 2:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1206_terrence_howard_michelle_ghent_EX

Terrence Howard's estranged wife got a restraining order against the actor this morning -- claiming Howard constantly beats her and threatens to kill her ... but Terrence says it's all a big, fat lie.

Michelle Howard filed court documents, obtained by TMZ, claiming Terrence began beating her up just 7 days after they were married in January 2010.

In the docs, Michelle claims Howard "slugged me across my face and neck" ... and threatened to throw her off a balcony.

Michelle claims the violence continued throughout their marriage -- with Terrence allegedly committing several violent acts, such as

-- smacking her in the face and chipping her tooth with his wedding ring
-- throwing her down to the ground in a parking lot
-- telling her, "I'll hit a woman quicker than I'd hit a man"
-- Saying, "If you tell anyone about my personal business, I will kill you and no one will ever know
-- Screaming, "B*tch, walk home. That's my car, I pay for it."

Howard also filed legal papers, adamantly denying that he EVER threatened Michelle -- but claiming she has been threatening to "release private materials to 3rd parties for her own personal financial gain" unless he paid her money.

Sources connected to the case tell TMZ ... the material in question includes a video of Howard singing naked in the shower.

This morning, an L.A. County Superior Court judge granted Michelle a temporary restraining order preventing Howard from going near her or contacting her until their next court hearing.

Michelle filed for divorce back in February.

Miss Behavin'

Dizz ain't no HUSTLE & FLOW little nucca! Yo azz done lost yo little man mind!!! I hope Gloria Alred hang yo azz out to dry in downtown Beverly Hills!!!

Now, I'll go back to being a Princess! LMAO!!!

Donovan

I believe her too. And those saying if she was abused that there would be police reports are naive. I work in the field and it's far more common for there not to be police reports than for the wives to report the abuse.
I can't see that guy without thinking baby wipes. It wouldn't surprise me to find out he was abusive to women.

MarieD1969

Daaannng! Terrance WTF is going on? I know you ain't hitting your lady.

Debbie

Bring Terrence Howard back as Rhodes on Iron Man he is so good as Rhodes he can't be replaced. Iron Man 3 we need Terrence Howard.

Sonja

He's an idiot, this is the same guy who says if he sees only dry toilet paper in a woman's bathroom and not baby wipes he knows she not really 'clean'.

STEAK FACTORY

I know for a fact that Linds doesn't have a boyfriend. She's a blonde, too. Kind of. They'd make a cute couple.

Jodi

Terrance use to smack around his first wife and not too long ago he told some guy he would kill him because he thought he was fooling around with his current wife. IMO Terrance is not dealing with a full deck when it comes to relationships.

Suburbob

Whay is da whyte women?

bunny

Mel vs Oksana II

Vagitarian

"Michelle Howard filed court do***ents, obtained by TMZ, claiming Terrence began beating her up just 7 days after they were married in January 2010"

Hell, she got 6 non-abusive days in the marriage... what's she complaining about??

EasyE

That what his black ass deserve.These black celebrity go out in marry these gold digging White Women and they end up taking all there money.You don't see Brad Pitt type marrying Black Women.Wake up My Brothers.

Sloane

not sure what it is but something about him/his mannerisms not quite sure what it is, but it causes me to not like or trust him
wish I could put my fnger on what it is -gut feeling I've always had

kevdawg

"whoop that trick, whoop that trick"

That explains it

I agree with you Sloane, there's something about him I never cared for either; although it's hard to put a finger on it. I also got a gay/bi vibe from him, so I'm surprised he's married, but not too surprised to find out he's abusive. Guess his acting parts as an abuser wasn't "great" acting, just art imitating life.

lynn

This is his second marriage and he will be paying out the pocket for this divorce. Asian women know how to work it.