Terrence Howard

My Wife Is LYING --

I Never Threatened to Kill Her

12/6/2011 2:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1206_terrence_howard_michelle_ghent_EX

Terrence Howard's estranged wife got a restraining order against the actor this morning -- claiming Howard constantly beats her and threatens to kill her ... but Terrence says it's all a big, fat lie.

Michelle Howard filed court documents, obtained by TMZ, claiming Terrence began beating her up just 7 days after they were married in January 2010.

In the docs, Michelle claims Howard "slugged me across my face and neck" ... and threatened to throw her off a balcony.

Michelle claims the violence continued throughout their marriage -- with Terrence allegedly committing several violent acts, such as

-- smacking her in the face and chipping her tooth with his wedding ring
-- throwing her down to the ground in a parking lot
-- telling her, "I'll hit a woman quicker than I'd hit a man"
-- Saying, "If you tell anyone about my personal business, I will kill you and no one will ever know
-- Screaming, "B*tch, walk home. That's my car, I pay for it."

Howard also filed legal papers, adamantly denying that he EVER threatened Michelle -- but claiming she has been threatening to "release private materials to 3rd parties for her own personal financial gain" unless he paid her money.

Sources connected to the case tell TMZ ... the material in question includes a video of Howard singing naked in the shower.

This morning, an L.A. County Superior Court judge granted Michelle a temporary restraining order preventing Howard from going near her or contacting her until their next court hearing.

Michelle filed for divorce back in February.

Sincerity

Truthfully, it really makes more sense to let this mess play out in the courts before passing judgment. A simple Internet search would have "REVEALED" that Terrence Howard's "FIRST" marriage "DIDN'T" end very well. A crafty "GOLD DIGGER" with a "FINANCIAL" agenda would know how to "USE" this information to her "ADVANTAGE". I'm not saying he "DIDN'T" hit her, but the question is -- DID SHE HIT HIM FIRST??? He'll probably end up giving her a pile of "CASH" and this will "NEVER" go to court. I say just "SETTLE THE MESS" and give her a "DIVORCE". Both parties really need to "MOVE ON" with their lives.

tellmeaboutit

He's always had a huge ego and thought he was a gift to acting. That's why his career tanked and he's been crawling back since. Wouldn't surprise me if he knocked her around. How dare anyone disagree with his majesty! LOL Suck it up, dude, you're gonna lose some change.

AlwaysOnTimeB

I've read some of these comments and I'm not sure how this became a race issue. The issue is about alleged abuse. One thing I have always said is that you never really know someone until you live in the same house with them. At this point in time, as far as all of us are concerned, this is a he said/she said situation. None of us knows what is really going on behind the scenes. He's a trained actor, which means all we see is his public persona, not the real him. I don't know anything about her, and haven't heard anything up until this point. It's getting kind of tiring hearing about domestic abuse. When will people learn to just walk away and cool off, come back with a level head and discuss issues like grown-ups should?

bring back recent posts

...we will never know the truth..but odds are stacked in the favor he isn't what his agents present him as..=...prolly a total ******* jerk...why on earth would a woman make claims against someone if he wasn;t making life nasty...its not the friggen 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's,,its 2012...the dirtbags can;t get away with it anymore..they need to learn that..wish her luck!

carol skuletich-vetter

did not do it... she is lying

rsmik

He's a classic abuser, his own words in past interviews prove that

mel

Most battered women do not report. The victim is often blamed in these cases, and the abuser is unpredictable. How often do you read about "crimes of passion"? The women are afraid to leave, it is the most dangerous time. By speaking up, she is taking a risk, but perhaps he will get the help he needs to address his issues.

Ernest De Brew

An attractive woman he married and he screwed up.

I would treat her like a queen. I do like Terrence Howard though but he may be wrong.

Ronni

He just is acting out because he's a gay man in denial. He's actually a hideous monster. His wife should dump him pronto, and hopefully he will never ever have another kid.

C. Fox

Wait...isn't this the plot to The Room?

tlcmk

He was the idiot who married a gold digger...

godliketemper

good!

LISA

Come on Terrence, she's obviously looking to a big payout, and perhaps some publicity to go along with it. Where are the past complaints to the police? Any medical records? Any witnesses of her injuries? Any self-portaits of her injuries in an IPhone. Of course there are none.
Terrence, don't you dare pay her blackmail attempt.
We'd all love to see you singing naked in the shower ! I don't think it will hurt your career one bit. In fact it may just work out quite nicely for you. It's kind of cute. Good luck buddy and try to move on as quickly as possible from this woman. And why don't you beat her to the punch line and release the photos of you singing naked in the shower. She'll loose her bargaining chip.

keithmarrett

she said he said. This might be something better to do for your yourself rather than reading how sad people's lives are. Go to www.keithmarrettstore.com and descover some cool computer stuff.

c

He admitted to being violent with his first wife. Sounds like he abuses women. So I believe he's dangerous.