Terrence Howard

My Wife Is LYING --

I Never Threatened to Kill Her

12/6/2011 2:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1206_terrence_howard_michelle_ghent_EX

Terrence Howard's estranged wife got a restraining order against the actor this morning -- claiming Howard constantly beats her and threatens to kill her ... but Terrence says it's all a big, fat lie.

Michelle Howard filed court documents, obtained by TMZ, claiming Terrence began beating her up just 7 days after they were married in January 2010.

In the docs, Michelle claims Howard "slugged me across my face and neck" ... and threatened to throw her off a balcony.

Michelle claims the violence continued throughout their marriage -- with Terrence allegedly committing several violent acts, such as

-- smacking her in the face and chipping her tooth with his wedding ring
-- throwing her down to the ground in a parking lot
-- telling her, "I'll hit a woman quicker than I'd hit a man"
-- Saying, "If you tell anyone about my personal business, I will kill you and no one will ever know
-- Screaming, "B*tch, walk home. That's my car, I pay for it."

Howard also filed legal papers, adamantly denying that he EVER threatened Michelle -- but claiming she has been threatening to "release private materials to 3rd parties for her own personal financial gain" unless he paid her money.

Sources connected to the case tell TMZ ... the material in question includes a video of Howard singing naked in the shower.

This morning, an L.A. County Superior Court judge granted Michelle a temporary restraining order preventing Howard from going near her or contacting her until their next court hearing.

Michelle filed for divorce back in February.

Kaffee

Just my opinion, but there is just something about this guy that bothers me--don't like him.

Scotty

There is NO history here! Had she filed a claim a YEAR ago when he hit her, this might be note worthy but she's lying to ruin his name!

nina

Looks like another black man wanting a trophy ( white women ), that he can control. You would think white women would learn from the past that this just doesn't work. We need to stay with our same race, because when we mix there seems to be trouble in the water.That is my opinion.....

Felipe

He sounds pretty cool...

L

Doesn't he have a history of domestic violence?

heather

While this guy is an excellent actor and one of my favorites, you can't ignore the fact that he's got a history riddled with violence. My opinion, dude's a loose cannon.

Gee

YOU KNOW ITS HARD OUT HERE FOR A PIMP!!!!! When he tryin to get this money for the rent (you ain't knowin)
For the Cadillacs and gas money spent (you ain't knowin)
Because a whole lot of bitches talkin ISH....

Jay

Ohh you want to marry asian woman..? me love you long time !! more like I'm a take your for all I can...better sign that prenup

Aces007

OH SINGING IN THE FCKN SHOWER, OH FCK HOW DARE YOU. YOU $$$$ GRUBBING W HO RE OF A BCH. WHAT A FCKN S*** BAG OF A BCH YOU ARE. YOU'RE LITTLE ANTICS WON'T GET YOU NOTHINGG HO... SRY CAPS ARE LOCKED.

Amphibula

Can't judge book by the cover. To me, the alleged line, "I'll hit a woman quicker than I'd hit a man" sounds like an overacted "Hollywood" movie line, which makes me thinks she's embellished this story.

small asian penis

How long did he know her before they got married?

small asian penis

How do you look at this guy and are not able to tell that he is Mulatto? There goes all the racist bantering...

LiveOutLoud

Baby wipes looks as if he's boozing hard. He's extremely bloated, put the bottle down and stop beating on women. Punk.

Tina

Naked shower pictures is all he's trying to cover up? I don't think so. Or he looks pretty bad naked.

kurina thomas

ok we all kno this dude is a woman beater, he used 2 beat his other ex wife like this all the time! ..i used 2 like him, but if he can hit a woman quicker than a man , then he truley is a ******* coward, he prob be gettin his ass whoped by men , so because of it has 2 take it out on a woman he knows cant! ..what a punk ..no respect for a boy like this ...noticed i said boy cause real men dont do this crap! i say lock him under the jail! i bet he wouldnt be puttin his hands on no1 up in there ...PUNK ass terrance, he makes me sick!