Terrence Howard

My Wife Is LYING --

I Never Threatened to Kill Her

12/6/2011 2:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1206_terrence_howard_michelle_ghent_EX

Terrence Howard's estranged wife got a restraining order against the actor this morning -- claiming Howard constantly beats her and threatens to kill her ... but Terrence says it's all a big, fat lie.

Michelle Howard filed court documents, obtained by TMZ, claiming Terrence began beating her up just 7 days after they were married in January 2010.

In the docs, Michelle claims Howard "slugged me across my face and neck" ... and threatened to throw her off a balcony.

Michelle claims the violence continued throughout their marriage -- with Terrence allegedly committing several violent acts, such as

-- smacking her in the face and chipping her tooth with his wedding ring
-- throwing her down to the ground in a parking lot
-- telling her, "I'll hit a woman quicker than I'd hit a man"
-- Saying, "If you tell anyone about my personal business, I will kill you and no one will ever know
-- Screaming, "B*tch, walk home. That's my car, I pay for it."

Howard also filed legal papers, adamantly denying that he EVER threatened Michelle -- but claiming she has been threatening to "release private materials to 3rd parties for her own personal financial gain" unless he paid her money.

Sources connected to the case tell TMZ ... the material in question includes a video of Howard singing naked in the shower.

This morning, an L.A. County Superior Court judge granted Michelle a temporary restraining order preventing Howard from going near her or contacting her until their next court hearing.

Michelle filed for divorce back in February.

terbs

here we go.... I was their assistant through most of this. Shhhhhh.

kim

this is crazy sheen had the same problem but he really tryed to killed his wife.. howard married outside of his race.. see what happen when you are black married outside of your race they can take everything from you... i bet you will stay inside your race next time opening your eyes

Bird

Didn't his first wife leave him due to abuse as well? Yep. She did.

I've read several stories over the years about Terrence Howard being a woman-beater. This is not a new thing for him. I refuse to watch any of his movies because of it. He's a good actor, sure. But behind the scenes he's a woman beating piece of sh_t, and that is NOT cool. Oh, and of course he would say "I'll hit a woman quicker than I'd hit a man". Most abusers would. They know if they came up to a man and started their sh_t, they'd get their cowardly asses beat down. F_ck you, Terrence Howard. I'm sooo glad they replaced you with Don Cheadle in Iron Man 2. You're a low-life coward who picks on women to make yourself feel good, and there's nothing respectable about you.

Clive

I totally believe her. I know the type: marries a pretty woman and then starts to resent her, especially because he makes the dough and thinks he can control her. These guys are narcisists. Been there done that. WOmen stay because they think it's just a phase, he will improve and she provoked it somehow. They have hope. But these guys never change, and they go on to abuse the next woman.

Booroe

Good for you! that's what you get for marrying a white/oriental woman. All these beautiful African American sisters out here and well educated, you overlook them and always when a African American brother get a extra dollar he marries outside his race. "Denzel Washington, we love you and we honor you for sticking with your sister".

Cinnamon Girl

Didn't he stalk Gabrielle Union and she threatened to file a restraining order agianst him?

anotherstupidtmzpost

Something about this dude has never sat well with me. The things she's claiming he said sound pretty damn believable. Who knows what really happened, but let's just say I wouldn't be surprised if most of this was true. Wish them the best and hope they get the help they need.

Joao

I notice all you tough brothas seem to be on the same page of hitting a woman quicker than I'd hit a man, because you know another brotha will send you to the undertaker.

I don't know who this guy is, but it seems he's at every GAYla posting for pictures.

Yasmine

Makes you think when you come across this. ... Re: Terrence Howard A Call Out to All Women - Women's Alliance Victims of Abuse - Digital Journal click on link.

click on this blog! I believe her.

RICHIEBOY

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!..THE 2-HEADED DRAGON OF ALL RELATIONSHIPS (MEN & WOMEN).
WE SMILE IN LOVE WHEN WE SEE EACH OTHER. WE RUN & HIDE WHEN WE HEAR & SEE OF EACH OTHER. SUM PLAY GAMES AS THEY KNOW WHAT THEY DO!!.

MAY MY MESSAGE RUN FREE TO ALL WHOM READ THESE LINES.
SICK OF HEARING BOUT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ON BOTH SIDES (MEN & WOMEN)
MEN LIVE IN MENTAL FEAR OF WOMEN AS PHYSICAL VIOLENCE IS THEY EXIT FROM MENTAL PAIN. (NOT CAUSE SHE IS FEMALE! & HE'S MALE )

WOMEN LIV-IN FEAR OF MEN CAUSE OF PHYSICAL PAIN IT BRINGS THEM AS THEY USE MENTAL VIOLENCE IN PLACE OF PHYSICAL VIOLENCE.

END OF THE DAY!..NO-ONE IS ON TOP SO FACE THE ISSUES AND KNOW THIS IS'T GOOD FOR YOU OR ME "US" BOTH SIDES ARE RESPONSIBLE BEFORE THE BLOW-UP!. LIV'IT KNOW'IT BREATH'IT. MEN ARE KILLING THEIR WIFES/GIRLFRIENDS GOING TO JAIL!.. WOMEN ARE KILLING THEIR HUSBANDS/BOYFRIENDS GOING TO JAIL AND GOING FREE CAUSE THEIR CAN CLAIM OR STATE THEY HAD BEEN ABUSED BY THEIR BOYFRIEND/HUSBAND AND MAY-BE A LIE!.. BUT BECAUSE THE ABUSE ON WOMEN IS SO UGLY. A-LIE CAN SIT HER FREE AND SHE COULD BE BORN WITH DEADLY OR CONTROLLING BEHAVIOR FROM BIRTH.
IT'S NOT SHAKESPEARE!.. BUT IT COULD BE. LEARN THIS FROM EX-GF SHE LIED VERY WELL.

Smmb

He used to beat his first wife. Don't need to see him singing in the shower, saw him in the Get Rich or Die Tryin shower scene and he has a toddler penis. LOL

Finesse

I don't get it can't a man say things when he's mad?? ANY man would say things like that when he's pissed. SHE's a fool, no matter which man star or not don't push ANY mans buttons. Come to TORONTO, Canada Terrence we have better women and you can stay hidden from the public eye.

Antoinette

Can someone help me get Terrence HOward to come to Charleston SC to promote air men movie.

tina swift

hell thats what he gets for marrying outside his race...i love it when ppl like tiger woods, wesley snipes and the rest get what they deserve....i say take them sob for any and ALL....

Tiff

So....I guess the 1st wife was lying too, huh??