Abigail Breslin

$65,000 for 4 HOURS of Acting

12/7/2011 12:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1206_abigail_breslin_getty_zambezia_ex
Abigail Breslin
's hourly rate is $16,250 -- at least when she's doing voice work for her new animated movie "Zambezia" ... this according to her contract for the film.

TMZ has obtained 15-year-old Breslin's payment agreement with film producers -- and according to the docs, she earned a grand total of $65,000 for one 4-hour recording session ... voicing the character of Zoe, an adorable bird (right).

It's not Abigail's only massive payday this year either -- back in May she signed a one-week contract for the upcoming movie "New Year's Eve" ... worth $275,000.

What did you do when you were 15?

Jen

I am a big fan of celebrities; I find their life’s fascinating. Obviously I'm aware they earn extremely large incomes, so large it’s incomprehensible for someone like me to imagine. I could of gone without reading this break down example, realizing that in 4 hours she was able to earn more than double what I can earn in a year, working 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, before taxes was not the way I needed to start my Wednesday morning. Good for her but WOW this is one messed up world we live in isn't it? I could actually pay off my student loans if I had just one opportunity to make that kind of money in that short of an amount of time. :(

Jen

I am a big fan of celebrities, I find their lives fascinating. Obviously I'm aware they earn extemely large incomese, so large its incomprehendible for someone like me to imagine. I could of gone without it being broken down this way, realizing that in 4 hours she was able to earn more than double what I can earn in a year, working 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year, before taxes was not the way I needed to start my Wednesday morning. Good for her but WOW this is one messed up world we live in isn't it? I could actually pay off my student loans if I had just 1 opportunity to make that kind of money in that short of an amount of time. :(

Jen

I am a big fan of celebrities, I find their lives fascinating. Obviously I'm aware they earn incomes so large its incomprehendible for someone like me to imagine. Realizing that in 4 hours she was able to earn more than double what I can earn in a year, working 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year before taxes was not the way I needed to start my Tuesday morning. I could actually pay off my student loans if I had just one opportunity to make that kind of money in that short of an amount of time. :(

Who Knew

Look out those occupy douchebags are going to occupy her house beacuse they some of what she has earned, they they feel they deserve.

Carl

It always annoys me when animated movies think they need to put a bunch of big name actors in the main roles. Professional voice actors could do a much better job and aren't paid nearly as much. Unfortunately the gimmick of having someone famous do the voices seems to be standard practice now.

PNio

Go Bresline! There's not too many 15 year olds with as much talent as hers. There's plenty of 20's, middle aged and older actors.

KnuckleDragger

When I was 15 I thought about porkin' 18-year-old college chicks...for free.

WTF

overpaid Hollywood s***bags. I'm so sick of people getting paid huge money for unimportant work

MP

Nice work if you can get it.

TheVolleyballGod

Saw this chic on Leno the other night, she best grab as much as she can because her career is almost over, her problem is the cute lil innocent girl is gone and now she is ugly looking and her cute schtick dont work no more.. nobody likes an ugly actress

Eddie Cabrera

Doesn't anyone realize kids don't care who voices animated characters in movies! Why pay someone so much for this when it can be done much cheaper.

Lindsey

Wow! That is a lot of money.... but hey she is a great little actress. Little Miss Sunshine is STILL my favorite movie to this day. And she was the probably the most cutest little girl ever recorded in Signs.

Deborah G.

Bi*ch

Cameron

When I was 15 I worked at Petros, a fast food resturant in the mall, and got paid 5.75 and hour. It's probably a good thing I was getting paid $16,000 an hour or I probably would have said "What the hell with school I'm moving to L.A!

Insidefame

Wow, it goes to show you that some professions do pay. She made more money in that 4 hours of work than a lot of us do in a full year.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2