Alec Baldwin Issues

TOTALLY Unapologetic Apology

12/7/2011 2:50 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1207_alec_baldwin_tmz_bn
Alec Baldwin just went OFF about American Airlines, its employees, post 9/11 travel, and the entire airline industry -- and best of all ... this rant came wrapped in an apology.

In his letter, just published on Huffingtonpost.com, Baldwin begins by apologizing to passengers on yesterday's flight ... saying, "It was never my intention to inconvenience anyone with my 'issue' with a certain flight attendant." He claims the woman singled him out to "make some example of me."

Baldwin continues ... "It's no secret that the level of service on US carriers has deteriorated to a point that would make Howard Hughes red-faced. Filthy planes, barely edible meals, cuts in jet service to less-traveled locations."

He also claims the industry used 9/11 "as an excuse to make the air travel experience as inelegant as possible."

In his closing shot, Baldwin says many flight attendants "walk the aisles of an airplane with a whistle around their neck and a clipboard in their hands," and make air travel a "Greyhound bus experience."

Best apology ever.

Note to Alec: On Greyhound, you can play "Words with Friends" all you want.

1207_alec_baldwin_footer

Mousahi

Alec Baldwin is another "celebrity" with a holier than thou attitude. What an a.h.!!! Filho da p...

justagirl

I must say that I have been on flights were the stewardesses are extremely rude and unprofessional. Especially in times were they are overworked and tired and easily take it out on the passengers. Not to completely come to Alec's defense as I am sure that he may have irritated the problem, but I do think there are so cir****tances which the stewardesses assume an abuse of power knowing that the passenger will be on the losing end by getting kicked off the plane.

Jim

Mr. Baldwin,

S H U T U P

msdawndawn

Alec - I can't hear you. Ohhh that's right you're in frigg'n first class; and guess what, I am not. I love a good old fashion post 911 whining from a person who's travel experience is a little skewed from the rest of us. You are such a assjack!

Big Jose

I met him at an autograph signing in Los Angeles he is such an arrogant big headed piece of crap he was not smilling and just looked totally mad about being there.

Sonya in Tx

He does have a point about the service deteriorating. Flight attendants act like you are an inconvenience to them. And simply driving to and from to pick up loved ones at the airport is terrible too. At Intercontinental in Houston, I got yelled at by a curbside agent to "move on" when my husband was walking across to my car but wasn't right in front of it. With gas prices this high, they should relax and let people do what they need to do...

Sloane

he is a bad tempered, foul mouthed jerk
just ask Kim Basinger and their daughter Ireland!!!

den

ahh yes. do we rememver the days when technology did not control our lives? now that we are desensitized, we blame evrything but our ourselves for behavior that should never take place----take the high road people! The world is better off if we would just be nice (even to those that are mean). Pay kindness foward.

marie

Alec Baldwin is disgusting in his Huff Post "apology" referring to 9/11 only as a "horrific day for the Airline industry" going on to say the airlines use 9/11 as an excuse to make air travel for him "inelegant." He has no conscience evoking the 9/11 attacks implying that even has resulted in an inconvenience for him. He's disgusting.

Stevo

Ouch, let's not throw Greyhound under the bus (pun intended). Air travel is a pain from beginning to end. I've had good times and bad with flight attendants - we all have bad days so I'm sure it was a little of both.

jlgrr

ALEC BALDWIN: U have proven to be a douche bag for a daddy and a douche bag of a person as well, time and time again! YOu said you were going to leave the USA if Bush was elected for a 2nd term, why the hell didnt you abck then, AND FOR GOOD!?

Stephanie

I wish I had a private jet so I wouldn't have to deal w/ rude airline stewardess' and people coughing and sneezing all over the place. US Airways is the worst in customer service.

Mayu

get over yourself baldwin. Who do you think you even are? You're a grown man playing "Make-believe" for a living. It's not like you run into burning buildings to save kittens. You may pretend to be someone who runs into burning buildings to save kittens... but a hero you are not. You're just a pretender. Get over your sense of entitlement. You're just an over grown child.

Marie

Can't stand that jerk...

Tee

All airlines should refuse him passage. That'll fix him!