« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Gene Simmons

BLASTS Madonna --

'Not Appropriate' for Super Bowl

12/7/2011 6:28 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1_ocboapho_1_hzqd4vds
Madonna has no business performing at the Super Bowl ... this according to legendary KISS frontman Gene Simmons, who thinks the game would be better off with a "real band."

Simmons was leaving Boa in Hollywood last night when we asked how he felt about Madge headlining the Super Bowl halftime show -- to which Gene sarcastically replied, "I love all karaoke singers, I love all the girl singers who get up and sing with tapes ... shame on you!"

Gene added, "By the way, Madonna's terrific ... I hate the tapes."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

MP

Wow, people are really hard on Madonna. She's an icon, a great entertainer and a hard worker professionally and I think her halftime show will be great. I would love to see a country superstar halftime show one year...Kenny Chesney, Tim McGraw, people like that. It would be fun.

jo

Way too old way too nasty. Who wants to see an old **** gyrating in front of an audience? What were they thinking... I predicted now the lowest ratings ever for superbowl halftime show. I am already throwing up thinking about it yurkkkkkk....

Chuck

Gene is correct...

cileford

Gene Simmons for Prez!!

s123

by the way, Madonna does sing live with a live band. I think the fact that she does pop music shrouds the fact the she does do live shows. if it were a man, or men, no one would be giving them crap for their music+age+gender. people needs to stop being sexist+ageists. i don't think anyone bothered when the rolling stones, prince or the who played.

Kaffee

Agree with Simmons. Madonna is over--She was only noted for her publicity tricks--too old to get away with that now.

Heather

I think it should be Lady Gaga or someone current and popular.

Echo

I agree, Madonna is NOT appropriate for the Super Bowl halftime show. I thought the same thing when I heard that she was performing. Not to mention who the hell wants to see her anyway? There are SO many people and bands that would be much more entertaining than her. Madonna refuses to grow old gracefully, it's pathetic.To all the people that agree, let's boycott the halftime show.

TheMarshmallowMan

I'd take Madonna over the s_hitty black eyed peas but would take Gaga and KISS over Madonna

ManiacalZebra

The halftime show is about a show, and Madonna can give them that. I avoid the halftime show like the plague, and will definitely continue to do that this year, but she will give them a good show.

Mayu

Having Madonna as the half time act at the superbowl is about as smart as it was to have Elton John headline at the 100th anniversary for Harley Davidson motorcycles.

3Storms

I really HATE that stupid hairstyle. It's the modern mullet. It's long enough to PARTY AND ROCK ON while short enough for business. It looks so f-ing stupid.

And KISS sucks. Gene's bass-playing and Paul's guitar-playing are really amateur at best with the only two shreds of talent kicked out of the band multiple times and gone for good this time.

kim

MADONNA, I SEVERELY DISAGREE with GENE you sound ALOT BETTER WHEN YOU'RE NOT LIVE when YOU sing live it makes my EARS wanna BLEED...

Mike

Gene is right. Madonna isn't right for hardcore football fans.

TJ

Gene, I never thought I'd see a hair style worse than Donald Trumps, but yours is far worse... please go to a stylist for a makeover already