Donald Trump

Bachmann & Perry Are

COWARDS

12/9/2011 10:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump, Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry
Donald Trump is lashing out at GOP candidates Michele Bachmann and Rick Perry for turning down his debate invitation -- telling TMZ, "They're all afraid."

Bachmann and Perry are the latest to turn down Trump's invite to a debate in Iowa on December 27th -- following a triple rejection from Mitt Romney, Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman. So far, only Newt Gingrich and Rick Santorum have agreed to face off against the Donald in a tête-à-tête.

But Trump's not surprised -- telling us, “The thing is ... the Republicans are afraid of me running as an Independent. They’re all afraid. The only person NOT afraid is Newt."

"There are two reasons that these candidates are backing out of my debate. One, some just aren’t courageous people. Two, some are concerned that I may run as an Independent. They want me to give up ... and I’m NOT giving up."

Donald adds, "I’m not saying I WILL run, but if I need to and Republicans choose the wrong candidate, than I will. They all want my endorsement but they won’t come to my debate. They’re scared.”

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Caroline

"The only person NOT afraid is Newt."

I don't know why Santorum is showing up to this circus, other than he has yet to convince his own family to vote for him and desperately needs any exposure, even if that means spending an evening with a clown named Trump.

Show some self-respect, Rick. It's obvious Donald Tacky is going to endorse his fellow philanderer, Newt Gingrich, and all you will get is knowing you helped turn running for POTUS into a cheap reality show.

Danny

Don, quit being a spoiled little rich kid.

Mad Dog

Both Bachmann & Perry are a coward. They can't handle Trump tough questions. They rather answer LSM/liberals questions that are so easy & same old thing!! Newt & Santorum will help undecided voters who they want & will supporter!! I am OK w/ Trump, but he knows what questions need to be ask & answer!!

Lisa

Who the **** is Trump calling a coward???? Seriously, all he wants is ratings and views and to be on television. Any GOP candidate who goes on his stupid debate is desperate for air time. The one's who don't go we know are serious contenders. NOBAMA 2012.

BeHonest

He is a dumbazz.

truth

i laugh at Donald. he talks as if he is the greatest businessman in America.which is false, he squandered his dads money. look at forbes rich list and id take the advice of all 400 billionares who have more money than him.he should go talk to guys who actually run fortune 500 companies. eg. Bill gates,warren buffet,larry ellison the list goes on. those are self made guys not like donald

Cynerman

For the real truth on Rick Santorum, just Google him. Tell everyone about Googling Santorum.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8