Ice Cube

Yes, I'm Bringing 'Friday' Back!

12/9/2011 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ice Cube
The speculation is over ... Ice Cube has finally confirmed he's resurrecting the 'Friday' franchise ... telling TMZ the goal is to bring back the entire ORIGINAL cast ... including Chris Tucker

A rep for Cube Vision Productions tells us ... “Absolutely yes the studio is in the process of getting the entire original cast to do another 'Friday.'"

The statement continues, "[Ice Cube] is very excited about this and has every intention to make it happen.”

Just last month, TMZ spoke with the musclebound behemoth who played DeBo ... who told us both he and Chris Tucker are down to reunite for the 4th installment of the 'Friday' franchise ... but they still have to work out their contracts.

Of course, nothing is ever official until the ink is dry -- and you know this ... MAN!

Crzygrl

OMG been waiting for this! Like all of the Friday movies buuutttt they were always missing the best element and that is SMOKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He made the movie!!!!! I will def pay money to see this and no*****ch it on bootleg!

hahahha

Are they gonna be 40yr olds sitting on their parents porch?

Lywan

Thanks Cube. I hope DJ Pooh will be helping with writing process.

Lywan

Thank you Cube. I hope Dj Pooh is writing too.

But_I'm_not_Wrong

I sure hope they leave day day in the cast too !!! Gotta have PNKY ! a must. Also Money MIKE, Jacob Vargas as BABY Joker and if the budget permits, bring back Miss Pearly !!

But_I'm_not_Wrong

Hope they Keep Uncle Elroy too ! and Brothers BUBUBUBUB Bar B Q.... If this is going to their last Friday movie (and I hope its not) it would be cool to call it "Last Friday"... but no Cube make more until you're 70 !

cdub

They have to bring back Katt Williams and Mike Epps...It just wouldnt be complete without them.

John 8:32

"It's time to get off the old plantation."

Make a movie about something more positive...

Greygoose125

This is going to be a must see - all of the original cast including Chris Tucker as Smokey - can't wait to see it and YOU KNOW THIS MAN!!!!

JC

LOL. I gotta see that one! Smoky would not look the same though unless Chris loses some serious weight. The white wife beater shirt will help. Love that part in Friday that Chris gets in a the back seat of a couple of Mexican gangbangers' car and start saying s.it in Spanish. "ESE, LOCO PERO LOCO, TACOS..." LOL. I migh*****ch it again this weekend.

JUstin

"It's time to get off the old plantation."
Make a movie about something more positive...
******************************************************
Thanks for saying that John .. Where does Ice cube live now ? What , Beverly Hills ? Isn't that funny !! He's living comfortably now with a Good clean family and he's peddling this nonsense to the "hood" ..May God allow black people move beyond this type nonsense & Mentality.

mrsschrute

Everybody loves the "Friday" movies but even more than a new Friday movie, I'd rather have a new Ice Cube CD. Come on, buddy! Bring us some more music with the movie, please! Bop Gun is still my ALL TIME favorite jam.... Nineteen Ninety Three, Much More Bow-we-ow-we-ounce, Ice Cube Coming W/Da 1/2 Ounce! Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shagrath

great, just dont F it up like the last 2 sequels which were horrible

Aisha Jackson

GREAT!!!

Lakey J

i hope theres no egos involved

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments