Kris Humphries

Livid with 'GMA'

Over Kim K Questioning

12/9/2011 7:52 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kris Humphries upset at Good Morning America
Kris Humphries is telling people he felt ambushed by "Good Morning America" this morning -- claiming he was put under the impression the interview was NOT going to focus on his split from Kim Kardashian ... but "GMA" is calling BS.

Sources close to Kris tell TMZ ... the NBA player claims he knew he would be asked about the divorce during the sit-down ... but he didn't expect to be grilled like a cheeseburger.

During the interview, Kris appears VERY uncomfortable as he's hit with question after question about Kim ... and things got downright awkward when interviewer Josh Elliot asked Kris' mother about the relationship.

We're told Kris is saying ... he only agreed to do the interview to promote his charity work and to support his mother's cooking segment on the show ... and he's livid about the way it turned out.

But a rep for ABC tells us no pre-show deal was made to limit the interview ... saying, "There were no ground rules."

boo boo

It was a cooking segment all right, Kris got roasted. Ouch! Dude needs a manager. Oh yeah, right...nevermind.

Dawn

Ha..yeah right. Didn't know he would be asked about KK? really? The only reason the guy is relavant and getting booked for this is because of his relationship with Kim. No one (other than hardcore basketball fans) knew who he was before Kim. Whatever. If he didn't want to answer questions to the media (which any dummy knows they are gonna ask questions about Kim) than it's simple- don'tbook yourself for interviews!

P-town Girl

Didn't GMA do the same thing to Chris Brown? They told him he wouldn't be asked questions about the Rihanna situation and turned around and ambushed him with questions as well. From what I can tell GMA isn't very clear with their guests as to what questions they will ask...

Queen B

I think Josh conducted the interview very nice and Kris answered as best as he wanted. I'm sure his attorney's gave him some advising on what to answer and what not. Remember he's trying to get the annulment. I'm sure he doesn't want to screw that up. Me, personally, I would have EXPOSED that family for the trash that they are, but he's a bigger person than me, no pun intended ;).

BDAY55

How did he fit on the short bus?

annie

And no one knew who Kim Kardashian's father was until he sold his soul to the devil in order to be on OJ Simpson's "Dream Team". And no one knew there even WAS a litter of little Kardashians, equally hell-bent on fame-wh%ring--until Kim's sex tape. So if Kris Humphries has gained attention by marrying the world's biggest attention mongering family and wants to use it to promote his charity, why is everyone crying "foul"? At least he HAS a charity. The Kardashians' only worthy cause is themselves.

TJ

I felt sorry for this guy, but not anymore. Did he really think they wouldn't ask him about the biggest celebrity story of the year? Either stay away from the spotlight, or stay in it and accept all the consequences that go with it. You can't have both.

t

Lurch needs a reality check.

Babycakes

Unfortunately Kris is one of thsoe people who takes thing at face value. If they say they want to interview him about cooking he belives them. Not exactly the sharpest tool inthe shed but at least he has a real career and has manged to keep classy through all of this mess. But would have just been great if he blurted out no I dont still love her it was a sham and shes a whore LMFAO!

missy

stop crying you big baby..what a puss he is..he used kim to get all this attention..ugh

Montclair Grandma

It was obvious that both Kris and his mother were not comfortable answering questions about his marriage. I felt the interviewer was rude to pursue that line of questioning.

Sandik

I can not believe GMA this was so ridiculous. I do not comment on stuff like this it is none of my business however, I have always believe there are 2 sides to every story and somewhere in the middle is the truth. What anyone watching on TV saw was just what the producers wanted you to see. I actually thought Kris was like a big kid, and that's great. But with his appearance on GMA he was a grown-up for sure there were a couple times he looked a little raddled by there questions but he took it in stride, and only focused on Basketball, GOOD for him. He showed he is not the big goofy kid that the TV tried to portray him. Whatever team you sign with Kris I will be wishing you well and watching(ok maybe sometimes not much of a basketball fan but, I am now a fan of yours). And you are very lucky, and you seem to get that, for your family. Good Luck to you and hopefully you get a deal soon you deserve some good in your life.

ellen

Give me a break. If he had not been married to KK they would not have even had him on. They could care less about his mom or her cookbook. What did he expect? Dumb ass

swack

This is too funny. Just read an article on the same subject and the tone is the exact opposite of this article. There is no mention of him being upset that he was "blindsided" and he just simply refused to answer the questions. Once he refused, then GMA should have stopped asking as he obviously wasn't going to answer any of them. Why do mags have to stir the pot up . . . just like the article SPECULATING on how Kris H could make money out of this marriage . . . people were outraged because they didn't read the article (only the headline) and thought Kris H was being greedy. TMZ you are great at stirring up the sh--!

Cooley

Kris should have interrupted Josh and said "You don't want me to resent you, do you? Josh baby, you don't want me to resent you, DO YOU?"