Nicole Scherzinger

30-Minute Crying Session

After 'X Factor' Elimination

12/9/2011 8:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1209_nicole_xfactor_exd_2
Nicole Scherzinger ran off the set of 'X Factor' in tears last night ... when the audience booed her like crazy for eliminating Rachel Crow ... and TMZ has learned she was hysterically crying in her dressing room for nearly a half-hour.

Nicole was charged with casting the final vote between Crow and Marcus Canty ... but didn't want to eliminate either .. so she sent the vote to "Deadlock" -- which meant it all boiled down to the audience vote.

Crow lost ... and broke down in tears ... and when the host of the show asked Nicole to comment, the crowd unleashed a chorus of boos.

Sources connected to the production tell TMZ ... Nicole bolted right for her dressing room ... and was "inconsolable" about the situation.

We're told Crow -- who was a crying mess herself -- heard about Nicole and went to the judge's dressing room ... where the two cried together and Crow told Nicole she was not mad about the decision.

It's been a rough couple of weeks for Scherzinger -- as TMZ first reported, she had already been getting death threats and hate mail for voting Drew Ryniewicz off the show last week.

jetfanglo

and here i thought i did not have a life.........thanx Nicole......keep cryin'...TO THE BANK !

RJ

The reality shows are way out of hand. Death threats and public humiliation. Geez Louise!!!!

Jodi

I have never seen this show but it sounds like the judges are acting out to get ratings. Why would Nicole run off stage crying just because she voted someone off. This is silly.

shirley

She should cry. Nicole knows that voters are strange and may not vote for someone because they think everyone else will. That is why she should have voted for Rachel to stay, but she is such a woose that she played the "Oh no I can't decide, I just can't" routine with tears figuring no one would blame her for whatever happened.. What a phony. She should not be judging the show if she is that emotional and cannot on talent alone..She did this young girl wrong and shame on her.

xoxItWasntMe

Its supposedly for a 5mil$ contract why would you keep giving someone with low votes the opportunity? Doesnt the record company actually want to sell albums?

Luz

Well, personally, I think Rachel did a very good job with that last song, and she proved that she can take the pressure. Marcus' energy level was low and he sounded like he had a stomach ache. Rachel had a very good range and made an excellent delivery.

xoxItWasntMe

There was nothing wrong with Nicole for utilizing deadlock if she was incapable of distinguishingthe "better" of the two talents. What made it sad is it showed her total lack of business competance by choosing deadlock the week folloing her "teenage meangirl" histerionics ion a night that was supposed to be a tribute to a pop's king... She as Xfactor had to have know with all the buzz & petitions going across the net, that (not because Drew left) people were not impressed with the loophole filled voting process & said "I WILL NOT PARTICIPATE" in that flawed process. Great time to use that process Nicole lol ^^

ciara

Nicole is a good judge on X Factor and she also was a good judge on Sing Off. Nicole made the right decision to have the elimination of Crow or Canty to go into deadlock. The right person went home.

Tina

Rachel sang her heart, you could here it in her voice the passion and soul. She did not deserve what happened last night. I Pray that Nicole does not come back for the next season.....I have really tried to like Niciole but she is just not the right peprson for the show.

Omar

I as sad as some of you people think this is, I think this is one of the funnist things I've seen on reality show. I hate rachel, she was so annoying with her "I'm just doing this to inspire all the kids" nonsense. She is only 13, all I would care about being on that show if I was 13 would be becoming famous and trying to get my on show on disney channel or something haha. I'm glad she's off, she got her 15 minutes and then some

Jackie

I don'*****ch the show BUT Nicole Scherzinger for whatever reason is just not a likable person. I don't even know why I don't like her...I just don't. She's beautiful, can sing, has a great body ..but me and what seems like millions of other people.. just don't care. Her solo career keeps being shelved, delayed or put on hold. I don't think those rumors of her sleeping with a married man a few years back helped her any..(Jimmy Iovine).

lda

Heather, what you don't get is that AMERICA DIDN'T WANT RACHEL over Marcus. She is way to smarmy, I love youish, and as we saw...childish. The other thing many aren't getting here is that this is a "competition" of 2 factors:

1. The ability of the mentor to select the best talent, select songs that showcase them best, bring out the right appearance, and choreograph their performance.
2. The innate abilities of the singers.

The judges are "competing" with EACH OTHER. It's how the program is set up. You don't try to help the competition, and Simon has been doing his part in taking out Paula's acts and biting at all of Josh's performances. He isn't looking for the best singer. He's looking for HIS OWN singer because then he wins too.

candy92848

Simon, do yourself a big favor, and get yourself real judges like yourself...and not 2 women that are going to be in cahoots with each other against you, like they were with Drew, and now this week week with the 1 female judge with Rachel. This is just becoming like American Idol and all the rest of the reality programs on TV. You will be the one losing out, next season if you don't get different judges Simon!

suzy

1) America voted Rachel off.
2) Do these singers understand that a $5million dollar CONTRACT does not equate to being handed a check for 5 mill. That money will pay for producers, musicians, songwriters, promotion, actual printing of CDs.
3) What the heck was Rachel referring to when she screamed more than once at her mother, "You promised me, you promised me!!!"

Murf

I am so sick of this crying crap. What were the changes she would have won ANY WAY! If she wants to cry ... cry for the 14 year old who has no food or no warm winter coat ... or whose family member is abusing them. Cry for those who need help in the real world.