Bobby Brown

Dad Dies

12/10/2011 4:23 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1210_BobbyBrown_getty_EX
Bobby Brown's dad passed away today after a long bout with cancer ... sources close to the family tell TMZ.

According to a family source, Herbert Brown -- known affectionately as Pop --  had been ill of quite a while. He was 82.

Pop was seen often on the reality show "Being Bobby Brown."

rocky

No matter how much you may dislike BB, have some sympathy. He's lost both his parents this year.

RIP

Who gives a ****....hope Bobby and Whitney die in a subway train wreck.

Seldombinlaid

Rest In Peace Mr. Brown. God be with you, and your loved ones at this time.

Alicia Richel

My prayers and condolences go out to Bobby and his entire family. This has to be the toughest year for him. He lost his mom in January.

Love you Bobby, I pray for healing for your family

Carl

I feel bad about the loss of (almost) anyone, but this is really a stretch TMZ. It has been 20 years since Bobby Brown has been relevant for his singing ability and at least 5 years since his time in the tabloids because of Whitney.

Buckie

OMG I had the same Reaction. I thought it says Bobby Brown died...

bagladey

My condolences to Bobby Brown. And yes, that's a really shameful, sensational headline.

Melissa

Very misleading tmz I thought I was the only one who thought for a second you all were saying bobby himself died. The title should read as I'm sure you should know considering "your a lawyer" bobby browns dad, or father has died. But no sense in beating a dead horse it's already been said many times. My condolence goes out to the entire Brown family

tumh2o

Bobby Brown dad dies? Let's see...Bobby Brown as we all know is a dad....follow me.....Bobby Brown who is a dad is dead.

Is this the wordplay you were going for as you snickered to yourselves writing the deliberately confusing headline??

How many people around the country glance at your headline and go off telling others that Bobby Brown died because of this..

You have very little credibility in relaying actual news anyways so I guess it's par for the course..

JUSTICE

BOBBY. SORRY ABOUT YOUR LOSS, ESPECIALLY BEFORE CHRISTMAS! AT LEAST GOD HAS HIM AT HIS HOUSE FOR THE HOLIDAYS! BE STRONG & MOVE ON! MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU& YOUR FAMILY. LOVE,JUSTICE&SHORTY!

thestupid

My mother died in 1989.

LilNel

Wow! A bunch of idiots! His Mom died right after Christmas and his Dad just before. Have a little sympathy. Some of you really need to rot in hell. And as for this being news worthy, the same idiots complaining that this isn't news worthy took the time to click the link, read the post AND comment. Shut the hell up. Thanks TMZ for providing us with information day after day. No, I didn't like how the title was written but it's no big deal. RIP Popps.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

TMZ is desperate. First off they make it appear as if Bobby Brown died, which in and of itself is irrelevant but then to make matters worse...it's his father, which to the world is a nobody. TMZ IS THEE JOKE OF THE MEDIA!

♫ Gina ♪

slow news day?

Arcadia Rink

Condolences to Bobby Brown and family. R.I.P.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments