« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant

Don't Blame Khloe K.

for Lamar Odom Trade

12/12/2011 4:13 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kobe Bryant is blasting rumors about Lamar Odom
Kobe Bryant
is blasting rumors that Lamar Odom was traded away from the Lakers because he got involved with the Kardashian reality show empire ... saying, "[Odom] had his best season last season ... clearly it wasn't a distraction."

Kobe spoke with reporters yesterday ... and ripped the organization for dealing Lamar to the Dallas Mavericks ... saying, "I don't like it ... to be honest with you, I don't like it."

Bryant was then asked if the Lakers had become fed up with Lamar's extracurricular camera whoring -- to which Kobe shot back, "You're talking about the Sixth Man of the Year last year ... he played lights out. I don't understand the criticism of reality shows and this, that and the other."

He added, "I don't get it. I don't understand that. He had his best season last season, clearly it wasn't a distraction, and he played his ass off. I don't get where that comes from."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

mike

You stop hating on Lamar and the K folks. You all just jealous because of their fame and the money they making off morons like you haters. If Lamar was real smart, he would get into the act fulltime since there seems to be a lot of you suckers out there providing them the opportunities to make all that money.

Holly

That is NOT what Kobe said.
I love how the KarTRASHians EDIT their stories…..……

----------------------------------

Bryant didn't wait until it was official to speak about the trade.
"I don't like it," Bryant said. "To be honest with you, I don't like it."

"You're talking about the Sixth Man of the Year last year," Bryant said. "He played lights out. I don't understand the criticism of reality shows and this, that and the other. I don't get it. I don't understand that. He had his best season last season, clearly wasn't a distraction, and he played his ass off. I don't get where that comes from."

"I've known Lamar for a long time and for the team itself, he's meant a lot in terms of his versatility and his personality," Bryant said. "He's a big presence for us in the locker room, just from a team chemistry standpoint. He's great at bringing guys together and things of that nature."

"I trust management knows what they're doing," Bryant said. "I'll let them do their jobs and I'll never get in the way of it, but it's tough.

After Kobe was done with reporters, Bryant met with Kupchak for 15 minutes. He was irritated before he walked into Kupchak's office but seemed better when he left, according to a person familiar with the situation who was not authorized to speak publicly about it.

Joey

The Kartrashians are just bad luck, period. Reggie Bush dates Kim, then goes thru a year of hell with the NCAA and has to give back his Heisman. Where is that idiot she married a couple of months ago? Not even signed to a team. Lamar foolishly hooks up with them and now he's traded. And that after having a very good year last year, winning the 6th Man award. A lot of Kartrashian friends end up worse off after hanging with these hoohaws. Theres's something about this creeptastic family that sucks the life our of everything around them. My wife & I live near one of them and see the others around LA fairly often. They are pushy and obnoxious. They all (both sexes) wear so much makeup, that they look freakish in real life. I wish they'd all go to Dallas with Khloe & Lamar. Sorry Dallas!

nof

Three syllables:

"House-clean-ing."

westcaost213706

KOBE IS RIGHT,YOU GAVE UP LAMOR TO A TEAM WHO WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP.BUT I JUST FOUND OUT THE LAMOR ASK TO BE TRADED BECAUSE HE WAS MAD BECAUSE HE WAS PUT IN THE CHRIS PAUL TRADE.WHO CARES KOBE STILL GOT 5 RINGS , MORE THAN SHAQ LOL

Christy

Previous article said KK down to relocate if Lamar gets traded.. I hope she changes her mind because we don't want her skanky ass here in Texas!

K-Dog

Yeah,Kobe needs to stfu.He was all for the Chris Paul deal and did n't care if Khlomar and Gasol got traded then-now he's dumbfounded that the Lakers got really nothing for Odom.And everybody knows Mrs. Bryant hates Khloe's guts-so she probably told Jeannie Buss to get rid of his over-rated ass.She rules Kobe's world anyways.

cory

Ok Kobe we won't blame Khloe we will gladly blame you!

Montclair Grandma

I am not a fan of the Kardashians, but really don't see why so many people make such rude comments about Khloe. It's uncalled for to be so crude. I am sorry to see Lamar leave the Lakers. I thought he played really well last year and I thought he was a team asset. I wish him great success in Texas.

Splurg

They Belong in a ZOO!! BoyCottKim.com

Kay-Kay

Come on Kob...we know you of all people knoew what was up! You should go into acting cuz I am not buying you did not know. Ok,ok I see you had to play it up for the cameras you and Fish...lol We know you knew what was going down..well Bye Lamar you will get more time on the Mavs..Kob STHU and sit your bad actin behind down some where.

If you think we believe you and the new coach did not know a thing about this (THAT THEY PUT THE INFO OUT ON THE WEB DEC 1, 2011) stop playing us for fools...heck I don't even play B-Ball and I knew they were trading him. GTFOUH

Mee

Lakers did not want to share their fame with the kardashians.
Khloe's filty mouth & family circus act's CAN KEEP LAMAR NOT THE LAKERS

CSM WIFE

Ask E! To find other shows besides Keeping up with the Kardashians. We want values! Enough is enough. Www.boycottkim.com. SIGN THE PETITION. Over 248,000 signatures.

Ernest De Brew

Well, andre, Lamar may be ugly but Khloe wants him regardless.

Yeah, I like Lamar Odom. He is a good guy. He does not deserve to be treated badly because of his wife and in-laws.

Those haters and troublemakers need to get a life. If they don't like the Kardashians, then stop watching their shows.

Pebbles

I am smelling a Kobe & Kim hookup, My sences are pretty good on this one. Kobe wants some of that Dash too. There is pleaty to go around, thats for sure. Just my opinion.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments