Christiane Amanpour

Gets Heave-Ho at ABC

Replaced by Stephanopoulos

12/13/2011 3:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1213_christiane-amanpour-george-stephanopoulos_bn
Christiane Amanpour has gotten the boot from ABC, TMZ has learned.  She will be replaced as the host of the Sunday political show, "This Week," by George Stephanopoulos.

A well-placed source tells TMZ Christiane is going back to CNN as an international correspondent.

George will be doing double duty on "This Week" as well as "Good Morning America."

Here's what's interesting.  TMZ posted a story in September, saying there was talk at ABC about replacing George on GMA with the newsreader, Josh Elliot.  We said back then that the plan was for George to go back to "This Week" and that Josh would get the GMA anchor seat within a year.

Stay tuned ...

BarrysConspiracyWorld

These news anchors are either morons or are implicit in the cover up about 9/11. At this late date, if you are still buying into the myth of 19 muslim terrorists you are not paying attention or are "cognitavitely impaired."

Gaylord

Oh am I ever glad to hear that Christiane is going bye bye. I don't know what it is about that woman but I don't like her appearance, I don't like her voice, I don't like her accent, I don't like anything about her. She may be a wonderful person, I don't know, but I do know that I can't stand watching or listening to her.

maincoon

Christiane Amanpour slant on politics is too far to the left all the way to Arabia.

Bud

FINALLY!!!

Nyd

Big deal, one liberal/progressive/marxist replaced by another. Who Next, Chelsea Clinton, oh wait...

Jennifer Simon

This makes me so sad. Good Morning America is now like a pop-show. Since losing Diane Sawyer, it's so much like the Today show. This shift is awful! I like Amanpour (wherever she goes) but I hate that George will leave GMA. Ugh!

Barb

@Lee. Your family should be so ashamed of you for making such a racist comment. And you call yourself a Christian. Well, nowadays, this is how "Christians" behave. Sad.

Metta Worldhate

Haha, maybe you should try not being so ugly next time, lady.

sprick-it

I cant stand George. The way he interrupts everyone on GMA is painful. He always seems to need to put his 2 cents in. Way to hire someone who has gotten several DUI's. BAD MOVE

Candy83

Christiane Amanpour is too good to be wasting her skills anchoring another useless Sunday Morning Roundtable that cuddles up to Washington, D.C. power. "This Week" is every bit garbage as "Meet the Press." Behind the scenes power does not want to truly challenge the status quo.

David

Crhistiane was the perfect fit when the new was very important comming from the middle east because her valid information and conexions, but now ABC doesn't need her for the next comming months where news will be concentrated locaty and George fit perfectly because he has proved record already.

brenda

ABC News is Crazy to replace Chritiane Amanpour with George
Stephanpolous! George is very dry, business as usual, it's
just my job sorta news man. Whereas Christiane brings alot
of compassion and heartfelt concern to world politics. I for one will seldom tune in now, but used to look forward to the sunday morning This Week show!!!

Jim Mendenhall

Josh Elliot as host of GMZ - one more reason to turn off ABC. The show has already become nothing but a glitzy, boring ET. Bring back Charlie!!!!!

sl

I guess its back to CNN where credibility and intergrity means more then glitz and feedingthe masses the corprate line. I'm disappointed in main stream news, Chreistine had been a welcomed breath of fresh air and perspective.

Kate Beatty

I cannot express how excited I am that George Stephanopoulos has returned to the Sunday morning This Week show! I actually missed this week's episode because I stopped watching the show after Christine took over. I happened to be flipping the channels until i saw him!! George's talents were wasted on GMA doing fluff stories. He is far too intelligent for that. This Week's viewership has just increased by two people that were faithful followers back when George was hosting this show. Welcome back George - we have missed you!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments