Duggar Family

Snaps Pic of Miscarried Baby

12/15/2011 3:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0221_media_removed-1
The family from TLC's "19 Kids & Counting" chose a unique way to commemorate the life of their 20th child, who passed away this week in a miscarriage -- they took an artsy picture of the fetal corpse ... and distributed it at the memorial.

Jubilee Shalom Duggar was due in April ... but Michelle Duggar suffered a miscarriage on Sunday in her 2nd trimester.

The Duggars held a memorial today at their church in Arkansas, where they distributed the above photographs -- containing messages like, "There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world."

The photos were first posted on Twitter by a family member -- and then surfaced on a fan site.

We reached out to the family for comment -- so far, no word back.

Seldombinlaid

God Bless this little one. Now please take this down Harvey. Please

you people make me sick

Their mourning should be done in private

WhyNot

I find this appallingly disrespectful, a travesty, a desecration against a human corpse, by people who claim to be religious and should be charged. I am disgusted and repulsed by this disregard for the sanctity death. I will never again believe they are true Christians. They are typical television evangelists, in it for the money. Nothing more. Shame on them!

crimsons

Totally inappropriate and horrifying. It wasn't even stillborn, but a miscarriage! And the family picture. Wow, they really do put on an act for TV as being decent people, but no decent person would do this.

ValVal

This is disturbing to me as well. I guess they have their own ways, however this should stay private and not shown to the public.

blueyes

How dare you pass judgement on these people. They haven't done anything to any of you. I took photos of my infant Daughter in her casket, does that make me morbid, no. I wanted to remember what she looked like. I can't explain why I just needed to. Why people;e feel they have the right to judge others who do nothing wrong I'll never understand. All I can say is grow up!

ilovegossip

Did you people even read the accompanying story? The Duggars didn't make these public, it was someone who attended the memorial that did. And then you complain that you don't want to see this, yet you clicked on a link that says "warning, images may be disturbing". Who's really at fault here? Sheesh.

Vicki

If it's your 1st or 20th child it's still a loss of a child.
We have a God who in His wisdon had a reason to take this child to be with Him and not cause either the baby or the Dugger family to suffer any more than they are already suffering over this loss.
My heart and prayers go out to all the Duggers.
These photos will serve as a reminder of the miracle of a life.

Ted Allen

Good grief, is nothing sacred?! This should have been a private family matter, not a photo to the world.

Lizzi

I just absolutely cannot figure out how this is bad. TMZ and the commenters really surprize me how negetive, rude, judgemental, insensitive and band-wagon-jumpy they are. Bunch of lame puppets.

Billy Bob

What's the matter? All you Cal libs always say if we could see the food we eat and how it was killed, we wouldn't want to eat it. If you see the babies and how you kill them, maybe you wouldn't want to abort them.

Eric

These people are crazy. I'm not knocking them for being religious but come on who does stuff like this. It's time to stop making babies if you keep having miscarriages.

ChristmasCaroll

They didn't ask to have the world share or ask for payment. They are religious and it's their way to justify the baby's 'life' even though it died before birth. With all the people harming and killing their own family members this year, this to me is their love showing. Who are we to judge how they grieve? At least they cared enough? Where do aborted babies go? Garbage can?

bring back recent posts

..ok..time for a lil break..Melanie or Josh??????????????

Butterfly

I AGREE with all the negative comments against this couple. They come across as a couple who craves attention just like the Kardashians, only, they do it under the pretense of religion. If they were truly religious, they would pray in private, with the rest of their brood, and stop seeking publicity in the name of their miscarried fetus. SHAME ON THEM! Their behavior is more false than a three dollar bill and they think nothing of pretending to be devastated by their "loss."Doesn't make any difference if they are not on public assistance, even so, they still crave attention and will probably milk his thing for as long as they can. Don't believe it??? Jus*****CH!!!