Duggar Family

Snaps Pic of Miscarried Baby

12/15/2011 3:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0221_media_removed-1
The family from TLC's "19 Kids & Counting" chose a unique way to commemorate the life of their 20th child, who passed away this week in a miscarriage -- they took an artsy picture of the fetal corpse ... and distributed it at the memorial.

Jubilee Shalom Duggar was due in April ... but Michelle Duggar suffered a miscarriage on Sunday in her 2nd trimester.

The Duggars held a memorial today at their church in Arkansas, where they distributed the above photographs -- containing messages like, "There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world."

The photos were first posted on Twitter by a family member -- and then surfaced on a fan site.

We reached out to the family for comment -- so far, no word back.

Previous 15 Comments | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48

angela

I lost my son kyle at 18 weeks and I took pictures I by accident posted them on facebook and got bad feed back but u know what I seen him and still see him as my beautiful Bangor boy I don't think they r wrong I just think some people r ignorent as to other peoples pain I'm so sorry for ur loss and I wish God easies your pain and I'm here taking this journey wit u I.lost my son November 30' 2012 at 3:45 pm his name is kyle David and I miss him so bad it takes my breath away and nh pictures and memories and feeling. Him kick is all I have my friends and family avoided me like the pleague when I lost my son at least u have each other

carrie

thats so sad:(

robert

TLC and the money brings out the worst in people they put on their shows, Duggars are no exception

Elaine

How is it disturbing? When a child is alive, the photos are taken at birth, and this precious child, though passed on, was still a born child. Yes the child was dead, but it was a dignity a living child would have been granted. Furthermore, the family would probably like to remember their child by a photograph, and I see nothing wrong with that. It wasn't as if the photos we're obscene or anything of this nature.

Ginger Pail

When did all ya'll decide how someone can grieve? Did you lose a child or baby, then how did you mourn the child. Well ppost it so we can tear you apart. Or your mom or grandmom, post it and we'll tear that down instead. They celebrate life, all life and have some respect. Most people are in debt, kids in jail or prison, living above their means so why not just be quiet about people living a decent life!

DianeMarie

I guess liberals will hate this, because it will show them how advanced the fetus is in the second trimester. And if they have a conscious, will make them feel like murderers.

rubyheart@q.com

I can't believe these ignorant comments. Did you people assume they were full length photos of the baby's dead body? NO. All you could see was Jubilee's tiny little feet (which went with the footprint caption), and another of her precious little hand resting on Michelle's fingers. These photos were absolutely beautiful, accompanied by meaningful messages. Postmortem photos are regarded as a helpful part of the grief process after a stillbirth or miscarriage. You need to open your minds a little bit, and be forgiving of the ways other people process this singular type of loss.

JJ Montegue

It's sad that so many people are responding so harshly. "Fetal Corpse" Really? This was, to the Duggers, their deceased child...one whom they never had the opportunity to photograph in life. This type of photography is not macabre or gross. It is an act of remembrance and a way for the family to begin the healing process. You might try exhibiting a little compassion.

Connie

We all pay tribute to deceased loved ones in our own way. This was a tribute to the baby they lost, and I think it is very touching. What do you hateful, judgemental internet trolls who hide behind your keyboards think they should do, just act like their deceased daughter never existed at all?? Worry about your own actions and stay out of everyone else's business! Shame on you, trying to make such good people feel even worse than they already do. Where are your hearts, if you have any? I pity pathetic hpocrites like you.

Connie

Connie

TMZ, please have enough class and respect to leave grieving people alone instead of exploiting them for your own gain. That is the lowest!

Culturecrush

100 years ago, photos of babies that had passed away were a treasure, the norm. Our society all too often makes the case for aborted babies and miscarried babies not being babies, that counted at all. I think the Duggar's decision to take a photo of the baby that was carried and loved for 9 months is a precious, precious tribute, in an all too calloused World.

Previous 15 Comments | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48