Duggar Family

Snaps Pic of Miscarried Baby

12/15/2011 3:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0221_media_removed-1
The family from TLC's "19 Kids & Counting" chose a unique way to commemorate the life of their 20th child, who passed away this week in a miscarriage -- they took an artsy picture of the fetal corpse ... and distributed it at the memorial.

Jubilee Shalom Duggar was due in April ... but Michelle Duggar suffered a miscarriage on Sunday in her 2nd trimester.

The Duggars held a memorial today at their church in Arkansas, where they distributed the above photographs -- containing messages like, "There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world."

The photos were first posted on Twitter by a family member -- and then surfaced on a fan site.

We reached out to the family for comment -- so far, no word back.

amsjll

TMZ for the first time I am disgusted with you. This is someone's dead baby.

pk

Sorry for their loss but this family, like the Kartrashians and Kate Gosselin, need to go away.

Jim

Just because someone feels this is "so wrong", doesn't make it wrong. People grieve in different ways, therefore, it's right for this family. What is WRONG is TMZ publishing it.

tonetonetone

Im sorry for their loss, but thats just FN weird!!!

Carl

Maybe this is a sign from God to stop having so many kids. It is amazingly irresponsible to bring this many people into a world that is already bursting at the seams due to overpopulation.

Annie

I'm surprised at the outrage. To many people, including this grieving family, this is not a 'fetal corpse.' It is a child, their child, who they lost. Unfortunately for some children who are born directly into the Lord's hands these tpyes of photos may be the only chance of visual memory a family gets. What an enormous loss that most of us can't imagine...

Deb

This family is turning a horrible tragedy into a public spectacle. When they announced the miscarriage, they asked for privacy, yet I've seen stories running every day since. The parents are quoted, so they're obviously cooperating. I lost a baby at 15 weeks and I couldn't get out of bed for three days, much less talk to every reporter on the planet about it. Snapping pictures is one thing, but having them appear larger than life at the memorial service (and subsequently on gossip websites) is so disrespectful to the baby. What's up with the family photo too? How inappropriate is that to be posed and smiling? Why are some of the kids wearing tuxes? This is disturbing on so many levels. I used to think of the Duggars as "different but innocent". My opinion has changed drastically over the past week. They truly are fame whores, just like the other reality tv types. Michelle believes her first miscarriage was punishment from God for taking birth control. Maybe she should see this one as punishment for exploiting (and in my opinion neglecting) her other children. Of course that's not true, but if this belief leads to something good (like them getting off tv), this baby would truly have made an imprint on the world. Rest in peace, little one.

patches

STOP HAVING MORE KIDS this is not a competition to see who can have the most kids. These are human beings she needs her tubes tied he needs a vasectomy... Seriously enough is enough

Raisethetaxesontherich

There is no right or wrong when it comes to a miscarriage! She had a miscarriage plan and simple.This happens to thousands of women.Give your body a rest and wait to conceive for a year following a miscarriage.If it is to soon your body might repeat the outcome.RIP child of God!

Melissa

Seriously, enough is enough. I simply cannot understand the parents need to reproduce every 9 months. With Michelle's last two pregnancies, I now liken her need to reproduce at any cost as child abuse. The last living child was born VERY premature and, by the grace of God, is still here. This last child, not so lucky. Its time to hang up those ovaries and stop procreating. I really thought these parents would have taken the last pregnancy as a sign when their child almost died, but they obviously didn't. And now they had a stillborn. There is your sign, I would hope that you heed it. To continue to bring children into the world with a huge threat of developmental difficulties (as is evidenced in births of children to older mothers) is akin to child abuse. Plain and simple. I am sure that they are lovely people but there is obviously a sickness there that I would hope they get help for. Time to move on to the next phase of life....grandparenting.

Dylan

what a disgusting family. CPS should take away the kids and put the husband and wife in jail for being weird.
and a big **** you to TLC for putting these freaks on tv

Rhoda Penmark

Looks exactly like Calista Flockhart.

Christi from Abilene

I think that everyone on here with the nasty comments needs to back off! I lost a baby in my second trimester as well. I was 26 weeks and 2 days pregnant the last day I heard my precious baby girls heart rate and it was 153 bpm, although I expressed my concerns to the dr that she was not moving like she had been, he said he was not concerned and sent me home to let my baby girl die. Many ppl say that I do not know if she would have survived or not, and no I do not know if she would have survived but I do know she had a much greater chance of survival outside of me than inside of me! Isabella was my 9th child and regardless of what you think she of the number of children I have or the number of children the duggars have, the pain is true, the pain is real, and it hurts deeply. Each child is special and a unique individual and a true blessing we all wait to have in our arms! From the moment that positive sign on the pregnancy test appears, the is nothing less than joyful anticipation of the arrival of that new little person and when their life ends, because, yes they may not breathe the same air as we all do, they are alive and full of life as they little heart flutters and as they move within our bodies, and when all that ends, it is heart wrenching and hurts deeply!! We don't want to forget to their peaceful little faces and their tiny perfect features, so we take pictures because we are proud to be their mommies, their daddies, their brothers and their sisters, because they are our children and though we may have ultrasound photos we never had the chance to see their beautiful faces and we take lots of pictures because they are the only ones we will ever have of our babies, that we love so much!! I have pictures of my beauty and it is the right of every mother, fatehr, and loving family of every angel born on this earth silent to have pictures....so deal with it or don't look at it!

Patty in MN

I find these photos very tasteful. They reflect that this was a life lost. And if you've read 'The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven' you'll understand the comfort the family feels that this little girl, who did not make it to full term delivery, has a name in heaven.

SpeakTheWord

"There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world." and then a pic of dead fetus feet. Their is something way wrong with these people and TLC. DHS needs to investigate .