Duggar Family

Snaps Pic of Miscarried Baby

12/15/2011 3:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0221_media_removed-1
The family from TLC's "19 Kids & Counting" chose a unique way to commemorate the life of their 20th child, who passed away this week in a miscarriage -- they took an artsy picture of the fetal corpse ... and distributed it at the memorial.

Jubilee Shalom Duggar was due in April ... but Michelle Duggar suffered a miscarriage on Sunday in her 2nd trimester.

The Duggars held a memorial today at their church in Arkansas, where they distributed the above photographs -- containing messages like, "There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world."

The photos were first posted on Twitter by a family member -- and then surfaced on a fan site.

We reached out to the family for comment -- so far, no word back.

KET

You know, it isn't my business how people grieve. But, to tweet these photographs and use them for attention and publicity is beyond ghoulish.

Billy Bob

So, it's a fetus right? You aren't killing a human right? It's a choice, with feet. Abortion kills babies.

SpeakTheWord

Bet this kid was hung like a mouse.....oops to soon y/n tell me...lol

Mary Bailey

You guys posted a picture of Michael Jackson's dead corpse unpixelated on the front page of your website, but you blur out a dead fetus's feet? Oh TMZ, you and your choices.

tenley

STOP ROMANTICISING THIS F*CKED UP FAMILY. I swear the media feeds freaks like these, Octomom, etc.

Jgrim

To whom ever said that all babies lungs are fully developed and functioning by the time Michelle had her miscarriage, read a book. I lost my son at 22wks gestation because he was born prematurely and his lungs were NOT fully developed. He only lived 45mins. because of it. I also had post mortem photos of my son done. I don't see anything wrong with that. It's really the only visual reminder I have of him. Yes, their photo was tastefully done but, I never would have had mine widely distributed like that. Although, to each their own. Maybe this was somehow cathartic for them.

Sarcia

I don't believe these people, Josie sick and near death in hospitals, Jim Bob doesn't care, that's money and the camera must keep on rolling even when 11 of the Duggar kids had chicken pox the cameras kept rolling, while they were outside looking through a window at Josie on the oxygen machine. It's sad the way Jim Bob makes money off those sick, deprived, delusional brainwash kids.

I am not at all surprise they would do this for money. After all Jim Bob father passed away (furneral) the cameras roll. Of course he's going to make money filming a funeral for a week old fetus and sell the pics of that dead baby too? Sick! Child falls down a 12 ft hole cameras rolls, a little girl split her arm from her wrist all the way up to her elbow and that's recorded too... how can they record their family private tragedy for money? What kind of Christians do that?

What's really twisted is they all standing there with fake smiles on their dumb faces acting like they are at a photo shoot rather then a infant funeral. Who does that? Duggars are not in mourning, they're profitting off that poor dead baby death. Hope God punish them good for that! Pic's like that should never go public, that's something private that should be shared among the family and friends. Sick!

Poni-t

Why in the H*** would any ethical company post this on their website? Yeah, I read the disclosure, but I had no inclination that TMZ would stoop to this level of disgrace. I'm ashamed for myself for even looking. That was am undeveloped human being that is being exploited by trash. I'm not religious, but this is Ugly shameful to the Nth degree. Is Kris Jenner your new Editor for content? I'm truly disappointed with this TMZ.

bring back recent posts

...tmz..why are you reaching out for comment...you have assisted in these pictures going mainstream...what on earth do you need too discuss?????????

Traci Brown

Images of a premature baby may be disturbing???? Since when???? Oh, and how lovely to call the baby a fetal corpse. Still the same ol lame TMZ!

i said lesbians...

jesus christ what a bunch of disgusting freaks.

Christi from Abilene

I think it is very horrible for ppl to say that the family should be investigated...for what??!!??!! For having such a big heart and open arms waiting to embrace each and every child God blesses us with????

jag

This is just another case of the Kardashianization of America. Attention whores!!! When will TMZ an everyone else learn to ignore them and they will all go away. They are only famous because you made them. This is tacky. How many people is enough? Hopefully she will reach menopause soon so the world will be spared more of these people. If each kid has half as many kids as their parents these two people will be responsible for more than 200 people in their immediate family! This is sick!

Gigi

What is wrong with posting pictures of their child's little hands and feet? I think their photographs are beautiful. A lot of people take photographs after losing a baby and display them at the memorial service. After their child is gone and buried, those photographs are all they have left to prove their child existed in this world. If you don't agree, that is fine, but don't judge these parents for handling their loss in their own way. And for the record, if I died when before I was born, I would be very glad that I had parents who cared enough about me to take a picture of me, and make a memorial to me without shame and without regard to what other people thought.

yeahrightmoron

When I had my son (on Christmas day 2006) the lady in the next room had lost her baby & she wailed for hours on end every single day - so much that it made me almost feel bad that I had my baby healthy and with me..that said I truly don't know how Duggard mustered the strength to do this..honestly I want to say she's sick in the head but on the other hand it's sort of a beautiful way of saying that the child, no matter how undeveloped still mattered enough to be held for one last time by the mother. Overall though - I think reality TV, blog details etc are going waay to far beyond acceptable - we truly know & see too much these days, nothing is sacred, nothing is private anymore.