Howard Stern

$20 Million Is for Chumps!

12/15/2011 9:09 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_7kxfg2n6_1_uex5urt4(1)Howard Stern pooh-poohed the notion that he was only pulling in 20 million measly dollars a year for his freshly-minted role as a judge on "America's Got Talent."

Stern was out in NYC today -- hours after the announcement -- when a camera dude asked if he was making $20 mil.  Stern's response:  "Do I work for that little?"  Stern laughed -- yes, to the bank.

The reason the camera guy asked the question -- there were reports he was settling on $20 mil.  But let's put this in context.  Stern signed a 5-year deal with Sirius XM for an estimated $400 million.

Short story -- he's way richer than you.

Bobbo

Funny how everyone thinks this man is talentless. I mean he only was the #1 DJ at every station and every city he has gone to over the past 35 years. Obiously he does something right. All of you base your opinions on headlines that you read. If you all listened to his show, you would see he is charitable, honest, and a genuinely nice person. Let's not forget that he is 100%, without a doubt, the best interviewer on the planet. All the man does is ask questions that we are all thinking, but to embarrassed to talk about. You hate the man cause he talks about sex, gender, and race? Don't act like all of you don't think the same thing, he is just man enough to talk about it in public. The man is a revolutionary and a genius. He is truly the "King of all Media."

Truth

TMZ HIRED LAZY A$$ TWEENERS... HOWARD STERN DOES NOT GET $400 MIL OVER 5 YRS, MORONS. DO SOME RESEARCH FOR A CHANGE. HOWARD SAID HIMSELF ON THE SHOW THAT'S THE CONTRACT BUDGET FOR THE ENTIRE SHOW OVER 5 YRS. MEANING THE PRODUCTION BUDGET INCLUDING STAFF, PRODUCTION PEEPS, WRITERS, ETC *INCLUDING* HIS SALARY. ROBIN QUIVERS NEGOTIATES HER SALARY SEPARATELY SO HER SALARY ISNT PART OF THAT. THO HOWARD DINT DENY HIS SALARY RANGE IS WITHIN 14-15 MIL+ RANGE PER ANNUM. #TRUTH!!

TPF

Stern is not worth 20cents. He's disgusting. He has not talent at all, nothing but a trash mouth way overpaid creep.

TPF

Artie Lange

I cant wait..... Howard will make this show golden...BABABOOEY BABABOOEY BABABOOEY

D

Can't wait to watch f the haters

Thomas K.

I never understood the fascination with him. How many fart and poop jokes can you make? The real comedians in history must be rolling in their graves watching what Stern produces. A sad statement of American culture.

Brian Miller

This is the best thing to happen to TV in YEARS!

Lynnette

That show will never again be turned on in my home. Howard Stern has no respect for women. Americans Got Talent has lost my vote. NO HOWARD STERN!!!!!!I cannot believe that you would have him on a Family show. That goes to show how much you care about family values.

Lynnette

I will never watch Americans Got Talent EVER AGAIN. Howard Stern has NO respect for Women or family values. AGT has lost my vote. He is a nasty man........

me

I don't understand how this 57 year old tool with a Beavis and Butthead mentality is still relevant.

Webpreneur

So, what? I make $60... mil per year by investing money into promising startups.

Keith

That makes us even because you couldn't pay me $20 million to watch that loser Stern.

Nick

STERN IS GREAT AT ANYTHING HE DOES....DO MANY JEALOUS AND ANTI-SEMETIC SOULS OUT THERE GROW UP AND REALIZE THAT YOU ARE IN THE YEAR 2011

jeff

Jeff, man, where you at? I tried to tell them there are 2 jeffs. They didn't believe me. Who cares? I don't. I agree with most of the sh t you say. They come after me because they got nothin'. They think you're me. I love it! Don't go changin'. (Murph and the Magic Tones)