Howard Stern

He's Got Talent!

12/15/2011 6:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1215_howard_stern_BN_01
Dare we say ... we told you so Howard Stern just signed on with "America's Got Talent."

The King of All Media will replace Piers Morgan, much to the chagrin of those folks at the Parents Television Council, which felt he was too raunchy for primetime.

And producers wanted Stern so bad, they've even agreed to move 'AGT' to NYC -- so Howard can continue working on his radio show.

Fact is ... as we've been saying, Stern is a smart dude who knows his audience and when he should push the limits.

Bottom line -- AGT could become the biggest show on TV.

update_bar
6:32 AM PST -- Howie Mandel is fired up about his new co-star ... telling TMZ, "I couldn't be happier. As my Mom always says, you can never have enough Howies."

121511_tmzlive2_old

Chuck

The audience Stern appeals to is very young and mostly male. The show is doomed to being a loser. Stern brings nothing to the show and will cost them a lot of viewers.

Thurston Howell III

Now maybe this dumbazz show will be worth watching.

Mary Bailey

This decision only tells me how tame and lame Howard has become.

A-Rose

Mandel and Stern? Stern and Mandel? WONDERFUL! Pierce Morgan is a slug to me, way boring and chauvinistic. NOW I'll start to watch it! Fireworks of laughter!(BABABOOIE!)

Mary Bailey

I can't wait to see if this move backfires on AGT. I imagine that a good portion o****T's audience is rather conservative, I can see them not tuning in at all this season. And the people who will check out the show out of curiosity won't stay long, AGT is boring.

Cujeaux

I hope they ditched that old cow Sharon Osborne. Can't stand her exaggerated british accent.

Eric

lol I'm anxious to see what Howard is going to say he hates censorship he's going to be hilarious.

Joey Boots

I am so happy - I feel now I am associated with America's Got Talent by proxy having been a regular guest/contributor to the Howard Stern Show for the past 12 years and so I think it's time I use my new clout and get my nieces and nephews some auditions on the show - #GayStageUncle

Dave

Howard Stern is awesome.

Thurston Howell III

Stern will make this show watchable. Hope he does not yak on and on about how great Beth is like he does on his radio show. Listening to him yammer on and on about how great the failed model he is married to is an epic snorefest.

johnny

Good bye AGT

johnny

I have enjoyed AGT since the first show. After reading this news,I will no longer watch.

Kevin

Heck ya, stern rules.

John_Dunkel

this guy is an overrated yak.

And thats the truth

I have never liked Howard, but I like Piers even less so I guess I will not be watching that show anytime soon.

Piers is involved with The Guardian tabloid over in the UK and they accused The News of the World of hacking the missing little girls phone that was abducted. NOTW went out of business and now it seems Scottland Yard is not sure if NOTW hacked into the phone and the Guardian admitted on Monday that they had no proof they did either. The Guardian is being "pressured" to apologize and they will not do it. As a matter of fact good ole Piers has a some phone hacking accusations himself with The Guardian.