Etta James is Terminally Ill

Doctor Asks for Prayers

12/16/2011 10:08 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Etta James
Etta James -- famous for her incredible rendition of "At Last" -- is "terminally ill" ... so says her live-in doctor ... who is now asking fans to pray for the 73-year-old singer.

According to the doctor, Etta's chronic leukemia was declared incurable two weeks ago.

Etta -- whose health has been on a rapid decline the last few years -- was hospitalized in May over a life-threatening blood infection. Months before, the singer was diagnosed with both dementia and leukemia.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Kelster

etta is an amazingly talented woman......why cant this be a kardashian :/

sugarman

Her style, her voice - - - hard to imitate. "Atlast" is soul movin', but dont forget "Damn them eyes". Just me, her music. and a bottle of Jack Daniels!

DaddyPlugin

My prayer certainly goes for Ms Etta James. She made a lot of us feel good. I remember "SOMETIMES I GET A GOOD FEELIN' YEA"
It must be love.

Just_Me

She's dealt with alot throughout her life. My mom had cancer and I can only imagine the pain that the family must feel. May God be with them all at this time.

ka-kay

I bow my head in prayer to Etta she has fought and is fighting a valiant fight..This Lady has had a struggle all her live. I am so proud that she is not broke and in need of. The only thing she needs is our prayers, she lived her life as she did. I can't judge only appreciate what she left as her legacy...God Bless and keep her. Etta James strong lady

shhhh...

i bet beyonce is happy now. so am I

COURTNEY

DAMN ...YOU ARE A TREAT AN YOUR BOYS ARE TREAT TOO I LOVE YOU ALL RIP MOMA & LIL MOMA

COl.T

What kind of a person would denigrate ANYONE who ask for prayer intervention?

DIANE HUNTER

are prayers are with you great one!my prayer partners will be praying for you as well,A FAN. DIANE HUNTER.

hilda mae ruby jean

I got to hear the experience of your great voice and great music at the Monterey Blues Festival over the years. You will always live on in our hearts. With love...H. Estrada

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5