Chaz Bono

Calling Off His Engagement

12/19/2011 12:21 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1219_chaz_bono_jennifer_ella_getty_exChaz Bono and his fiancée, Jennifer Elia, have called off their engagement and "are no longer a couple" ... a rep for Bono tells TMZ.

Bono's rep, Howard Bragman, tells TMZ, "They leave this relationship with great love, respect and affection toward one another. No further amplification will be forthcoming and they ask that you respect their privacy at this time."

Bono's proposal to Elia was seen last month on the show, "Being Chaz." (below)

The couple had been dating since 2005.

dolphin

Jennifer said the hormones just made him a different person and she wanted who she fell in love with. I don't think Chaz "found" himself, I think he's just all mixed up now.

DK

Chaz ain't got no BALLS!!!!!!!!

Mike

I wish you people would stop calling it a "he". I don't care what you wear or how much you mutilate your body, you cannot change genders.. you only make yourself more of a POS.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

What did she find a real man or what? I feel really bad for this Chaz person but I can only take so much Hollywood weirdness and this is where I draw the line.

cjs

Sad, saw it coming. I think she wanted a different kind of relationship.

UPYOURS

That was quick, she been talking to KK on the how to's of ending it fast?

Cindy

Chaz had many problems with her. The drinking had started again. So he dumped her.
Chaz you have put a face on transgender people. You are a very brave man. Only the best for you. All the trash on here should get a life or to hell with them!

SpitBall

Thanks, TMZ and the entire staff, because of you I realize that their is a slice of life out there that is far more ridiculous than my own, that some people need to sensationalize their lives with utter nonsense in order to remain relevant. Whenever I sense things slowing down with me, I just log onto TMZ and see just how messed up my life could be, if I were prepared to do the things these people do; for money, no less. Thanks again!

sam

Too bad. I liked the GF more than I liked Chaz.

r dog rage

******* ***

Jones

Chaz is just nasty

Firefly

Jus*****ching that video said it all. She was caught off guard and in front of the cameras. So she had to pretend that she was kinda happy about it but she isn't a very good actress. She came across as thinking, OMG what am I going to do now that she pulled this on me in front of America. If I turn her down I'll look like a bitch so I'll have to except it for now and wait till I can break it off away from the cameras. Damn her for putting me in this position.

Miss Greta

Chaz shouldn't have let him/herself morph into a land whale. Maybe he/she can catch Rosie O'donnell on the rebound when she gets dumped too.

Denver

It was the neck beard.

bagladey

Chaz thinks not being female is some kind of excuse to be fat and sloppy. If I was a man I wouldn't want Chaz to be representative of me.