'Toddlers & Tiaras' Mother

Lashes Out Over 'Hooker' Insult --

Blame the Mom, Not the Girl

12/22/2011 2:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Paisley Dickey
The mother of "Toddlers & Tiaras" star Paisley Dickey is firing back after 5-year-old Isabella Barrett accused her daughter of dressing like a "hooker" -- claiming Isabella's mom is to blame for filling the girl's head with garbage.

Wendy Dickey tells TMZ, "No blame is to this sweet little girl [Isabella], not her fault. She's just listening to her mom!"

Wendy's referring to a video TMZ posted this afternoon, in which a freshly spray-tanned Isabella (right) says, "Last time I was here, Paisley was trying to copy me ... but MY mom doesn't dress me up as a hooker" ... a jab at Paisley's recent "Pretty Woman" costume (left).

But Wendy's unfazed -- telling us, "I am used to this kind of behavior now from jealous moms. Doesn't even bother me anymore ... This is Isabella's mom's way of trying to get attention for her daughter."

You don't say!

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Regina

I have never watched this show and never will. I think these little girls are having their innocence and childhood stolen from them and I won't personally add to it by watching it. These babies do NOT look like babies, they look like little freaks. There is something mentally wrong with these mothers to parade your children around like that to the whole world and humiliate them. I bet if you asked each of those girls if they wanted to continue to do it, they would all say no. Instead of parading your child on a runway dressed as a hooker why don't you take them home, wash all that crap from them and remove the wigs and dental pieces and whatnot and let them play Barbies or Princess, which is what most girls that age want to play anyway. All this is doing is perpetuating the idea that women and girls have to look a certain way and that what they look like without all this junk is ugly. They would look much prettier with out looking like a wax dummy. It's sickening and sad and pathetic. These parents should be ashamed of themselves for setting their girls up for failure.

blacksssheep

The Mothers on this show probably don't want to live paycheck to paycheck anymore so they use their children in hopes to make millions off them. And then when the child turns 18 and the money is no longer in the Mother's name, the Mom will probably flip the story and say "You need to give me some of that money because you would have never had it if it weren't for me" TRUTH. And it's disgusting.

Monica

I mean, if she's imitating " Pretty Woman " wouldn't saying she looks like a hooker be the correct answer.... she is a hooker..... i'm just sayin

mamaT

And, Wendy is now posting the videos of Isabelle on her Facebook and watching as other grown women make horrible comments about the child. Calling her a 'rat' and saying she has 'no potential' in life. When I called Wendy on her behavior, I was accused of being jealous. Yea...jealous of a child whose claim to fame is having a mother who dresses her like a whore and who picks her nose and eats it on national TV...soooo envious of that!

mamaT

Wendy *****ey claims she chose the Pretty Woman hooker costume because Julia Roberts is her favorite actress and the girls were to dress up like a movie character...Ummm Wendy...Julia Roberts was also Tinker Bell in a movie. That would have been a cute and APPROPRIATE outfit!

Jean

I just watched an episode where Mia's mom (Russian born) acted in such a dispicable way that I became sick at my stomach. This mom should have to go through counseling and have her daughter taken away until she has had therapy. What a shameful way to behave. This kid is going to be negatively affected by her mother's behavior even more that the pageant itself. These pageants are nothing but mother's trying to live out their failed dreams through their daughters. It is sad, sad, sad.

Sharon

OMG, thank heaven tonight is the finality of this d*m show. I think it is outragious that a parent would put a child through such a thing as they do. You see every week these little girls screamig and fussing that they DO NOT want to do any of what is expected of them, from the fan, fake hair & teeth to practiceing, they just do not want to do it. It is the mothers that are pushing them. In one episode one of the mothers actually yelled " I WON," not my child won. I just hope that tonight is the end of this program and that we don't see months of re-runds. This is a new year and new month, it is time for new shows. The station is just as bad for airing this crap.

Sharon

rebecca

Izabella's mom thinks that this pretty woman costume took down the pageant industry.. What she doesn't realize is the whole thing is completely sick! And she is just as bad and sexualizes her own daughter. The pretty woman costume is nothing. It's the whole pageant industry that's disgusting.

PK

Have you noticed that most of these "proud mammas" are NOT height/weight proportional? How many moms watch the show afterwards and see the awful behaviour of their little darlins? ie: Torann's mom -"As long as she shows us respect, she can pretty much have whatever she wants" and the scene shows Torann ORDERING her parents to get her something to drink.....

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8