P!nk to the Rescue!!!

Singer Saves Puppy

from Certain Death

12/23/2011 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Pink
P!nk just came through with a canine Christmas miracle -- shelling out $5,000 to pay for emergency life-saving surgery on a puppy that had been tossed in the L.A. river and left for dead.

Sources tell TMZ ... P!nk was surfing the Internet recently, when she stumbled upon a story about a puppy that had been thrown off an L.A. overpass ... and suffered 3 broken legs when it landed in the L.A. river.

We're told the dog was in bad shape ... and required major surgery FAST ... or else.

That's when P!nk sprung into action -- contacting the Ace of Hearts animal rescue organization and offering to pay for any medical expense it took to save the dog's life.

$5,000 later ... the dog went under the knife -- and recovered!!

And it gets better -- we're told the dog has since been adopted by a loving family ... and will probably get a big, juicy bone for Christmas.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

I KNEW she was a hell o*****uy.

Linda

Nice that she did this, but would that money be put to better use on families and kid that are in need. How about our service families who are still without their loved ones for the holidays.

tmztmz

Nice to see Pink quietly do a good deed, unlike Beth Stern, who congratulated herself on Twitter and YouTube for giving a seagull a ride to a rescue facility.

Marilia

What an amazing heart!!...Thank you and I wish twices much success...Congratulations for being a great human....much love...

Meaghan Edwards

We need more people like her. To those whining she saved a puppy and not a person, well, nobody's stopping you from volunteering at a shelter, etc. I find these people never lift a finger to help another.

Joe

to all the people with the name calling - grow up. @Nire - being gay isnt contagious, but acting on homosexuality will end you up in hell. agree or disagree, that is your only option. @Lil, you opinion says a fetus isnt a person, mine says it is. since my opinion is different from yours, you call me names. I say - grow up. conduct yourself with class. @Al - I probably shouldnt have said politicians. I should have said people in general. People like to say abortion isnt wrong. It is the killing of a human life. a human heartbeat. But still people people have more compassion for animals instead of a baby. Yes - a fetus is a baby ! @Danigirl, I respect your comment ! @Helen - no one shut my trap.

liena

Why is the human race so disgusting?

ginny

Pink rocks, you go woman...

Sky-Sky

I LOVE PINK NOW!!!

Laura

Pink YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!

YouDontSay

Right on Pink! I am glad your talent brings you the money to help. You rock!

Danielle D.

At 60, I wonder if 'm Pink's oldest fan, but I sure know that I am one of her best fans. As a dog trainer and consultant to a couple of rescues, her latest act on behalf of this dog has turned her from a star to an inspiration in my heart. Never wonder if there are angels on earth - she's living proof.

Julies

Joel-its even weirder that people who are pro-life tend to compare helping animals with unborn human fetuses. They are separate issues and we can care about both. We shouldn't wait to help animals until everything is perfect for humans.

Go Pink- I wish I could do more for abused animals financially, have 6 rescued at home now, and its scary because I'm close to becoming homeless after illness and car accident. Pink sets a fine example, Thank You! If everyone who had the means/any means did their part, we could stop animal suffering. God bless those who help the least among us.

not true

your story is not correct the dog already had an owner see article http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2952579
the owner states She was at work when she got a call that her dog was found wandering on 1-15 near the 3900 South overpass. She had just been thrown off the overpass.

sherri

Love u Pink, always have! Love you, Love you, Love you!!!