The Jackson 3

Marlon, Tito, and Jackie

Reuniting for International Tour

12/23/2011 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1222_marlon_tito_jackie_ex
Marlon, Tito and Jackie Jackson were so thrilled with the way they performed during a recent concert in Japan ... they've decided to take their show on the road ... TMZ has learned.

Jackson family sources tell us ... the brothers will be embarking on an 18-20 show concert tour that will span across Europe.

We're told the idea came together just two weeks ago ... when the guys were performing in Tokyo with a Japanese pop star named A.I.

The brothers had such a good time on stage together ... that when the idea of a tour came up, they all jumped at the opportunity!

Plus, the guys were so impressed with A.I., they've invited her to join them on the road.

Sources tell us the Jacksons are hoping to get the tour launched by next month -- but we're told their team is still trying to nail down the schedule ... so it could be pushed back by a few weeks.

So far, we're told Jermaine will not be joining the rest of the family ... but we're guessing he could change his mind ... if the price is right.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

MiMi

Sorry, MiMi never runs away. Unlike SOME people here, I actually have a REAL life outside of TMZ.

And as far as Stevie and Prince is concerned, I am not talking how many darn instruments one can play. King of All Music is in reference to MJ's capabilities regarding his voice and his numerous other talents.

Argue all you want, to myself and millions of others he is and will always be KOP and KOAM.

End of story.....

Dose Of Reality

MooMoo

I don't have too much of an issue with "king of pop", "king of music" is something different all together. I think MJ falls into more of the class of "artist" as opposed to musician. To call him "king of all music" is saying he was better than everyone from Mozart to Muddy Waters. Sure, he had a couple of huge tours and albums but he was not prolific enough in original releases and performances given the number of years he was in music.

He can keep "King of Pop". Most of the great music in modern times was not POPular. For example, many of the great songs we know from the sixties were rarely high on the charts. Even Jimi Hendrix, who changed the electric guitar forever in less than three years, was a "one hit wonder" (All Along the Watchtower by Bob Dylan, hilariously enough). Being popular does not equal being good and that is true today more then ever.

I promise I won't bring up that he is credited with writing less then half of the songs on Thriller.

tac

Why do they keep going overseas? I don't have anything against it, but I haven't seen them in concert over here for many many years. They need to start building up a fan base over here. I had to fly to England for the Tribute Concert. Very sad. They don't seem to care about the U.S.

Dose Of Reality

The Jackson 3 Marlon, Tito, and Jackie - music the world will cherish for a lunch time.

Butterfly

They are really great musicians, all the Jacksons. Why some of you speak so aggressively about Michaels brothers who have allways been in Michaels side, whole their life. All feel pity for Michaels children and some even the nasty Debbie Rowe, but why there is no sympathy for the brothers who are real Jacksons not born in vitro (now I was a bit aggressive :) ). Michael came famous first with them and then with solo career plus with them. Allthough MJ is the world champion all the Jackson brothers have done great career from very young.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9