Tyler the Creator

Arrested for Vandalism

12/23/2011 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tyler the Creator Mug Shot
1223_tylor_creator_video_exRapper Tyler the Creator was arrested in Hollywood a few hours ago after he allegedly trashed some sound equipment inside the world famous Roxy on Sunset Blvd ... TMZ has learned.

1223_arrest_footage_sub_exv
The 20-year-old MTV award winner had performed at the venue earlier in the evening. The video below shows Tyler appearing to go off on the sound engineer inside the club (WARNING: video contains some obscenities).

We're told cops were called by Roxy staff around 11:30 PM ... and Tyler was taken into custody in front of his mother ... who was visibly upset and yelled at the cops.

Tyler was arrested on suspicion of vandalism and was taken to a nearby station to be booked.

update_bar
6:20 AM -- The West Hollywood Sheriff's Dept. tells TMZ ... security staff had contacted deputies last night to report Tyler had "just destroyed an electric soundboard belonging to the venue."

Cops say, "As [Tyler] was being escorted to a nearby radio car, the crowd exiting the venue became angry and rushed into the street, towards deputies."

Cops called for backup and closed down Sunset Blvd for 30 minutes to regain control of the situation. Eventually the crowd dispersed and no one was injured.

Vandalous

i'm a lawyer!

who is this person?

ben

wow this website is full of a bunch of old stuffy racists. the videos are hilarious.

Lorenzo

Spoiled little douche bag! Jay-Z said "I can do it in one take and you gonna have to break *****s ****" what a loser this guy is. I saw him win new artist but he should be stripped of that title. He won't go far once people in the industry see his behavior. Peace!

tellmeaboutit

Who/what the hell are these idiots you're coming up with, tmz?? Does every black guy in the world think he's a rapper and has to come up with some stupid name? He looks like what he is, a tool.

Kid Scotty

They say success is the best revenge
So I beat DeShay up with the stack of magazines I'm in
Oh, not again, another critic writin' report
I'm stabbin' any bloggin' ****** hipster with a Pitchfork
Still suicidal? I am
I'm Wolf, Tyler put this ****in' knife in my hand
I'm Wolf, Ace gon' put that ****in' hole in my head
And I'm Wolf, that was me who shoved a **** in your bitch
(What the ****, man?) **** the fame and all the hype, G
I just wanna know if my father would ever like me
But I don't give a ******o he's probably just like me
A mutha****in' Goblin
(**** everythin', man) That's what my conscience said
Then it bunny hopped off my shoulder, now my conscience dead
Now the only guidance that I had is splattered on cement
Actions speak louder than words, let me try this ****, dead

John Andri

Is he even old enough to go to Jail? LoL. Give him a slap on the wrist & send him home with a lolly pop.

Joey

lol he looks way older than 20...

bunny

This guy has absolutely no rap talent. He doesn't seem to get the concept but some people will listen to anything. Somebody must have given him a huge favor.

Gia

I'm positively shocked that a rapper was arrested for a violent act. Does photo #2 remind you of anything?

TGH

I can't believe how ignorant, and moronic many of the posters are on this site. People saying "why did his parents name him that?", and of course the standard "who?" - Quick thought, Wikipedia is only 2 seconds away. The same amount of time it took you to post "who?" - Educate yourselves. Christ almighty. Oh, can I say that, the USA is a heavily Christian/untruthful country right?

David Leigh Noblett

I know there are some garbage engineers out there but I cant say that was very professional of an act to do that.
David Leigh Noblett

Anon

Oh you all have to be kidding me, Tyler, the Creator? You ALL have never heard of Tyler? I want to kick my cat now.

ocean

this guy is no prodigy, his lyrics aren't hip hop, but
hip pop with extreme dark twisted nonsensical rants!
there is no message and there is no point, just gimmicks and
negativity and wannabe regurgitated creativity.
He'll be big, for the wrong reasons.

nijo