'Always Sunny' Star

Being Fat Was AWESOME!!!

12/24/2011 5:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rob McElhenney fat
"It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" star Rob McElhenney has finally dropped the 50 pounds of fatness he put on for the show this season ... but dude admits it was fun being a glutton.

Rob hit The Grove in L.A. yesterday along with his wife/co-star Kaitlin Olson ... and revealed the two main junk food groups he gorged on to pack on the weight.

But there was one down side to the fat phase ... besides clogged arteries ... and according to Kaitlin, it caused some problems in the bedroom.

1223_mac_before

James R. - Los Angeles

Maybe now his feet will get wet when he showers . . .

He's such a loser.

derp

Philly rules

Truth

OBVIOUSLY, DUDE DINT LOSE THE 50 LBS OFF HIS FAT HEAD. ALL THAT FAT IS BLOCKING HIS IQ. #TRUTH!!

static

That show is unwatchable, Witness the power of Devito.

HAHAHA

See celebs, pleazse take these guys as an example on how to be funny and now a bunch of ******** in life. They know they are famous and arent trying to hide like a couple of POS! They are millionares and give privacy up for that privlage. So Go f@#$ your selves

Cindy

I absolutely LOVE this show...!!!!!

Regan Administration

TMZ - I think you should update this story with a clarification. Mac put on "mass," not "fat." If anyone's not sure what the big deal is, I highly recommend watching this season's episodes.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

The guy looks like a fat ryan reynolds with a beard but less forehead.

Tony B

I actually liked him better when he was bigger.

I think guys who have real bodies are much sexier than skinny fellas. Think Hollywood puts too much pressure on men as well as women to be thin.

I think men who have "real" bodies are sexy.

What's wrong with someone being a little bigger?

lukedahusla

seriously the latest season sucked and was never funny....also they sound stupid using the GD word 10 times a show!

Nick Tamere

Isn't it illegal to film at the Grove?? Since I assume you didn't ask them to shoot inside...

arale norimaki

is that Ronald McDonald
(cultivating mass)

Rob McElhenney has stated in interviews that he wanted to make Mac fat as his own way of fighting the trend of actors on TV shows getting more attractive as a show gains more success.

tarun

testing

barry

this show is brillant! If you dont laugh something is wrong with you.To the people who dont like it! I feel sorry for you. You have no sense of humor and are pathetic losers

Jane

Rob is pretty funny, but I think Charlie Day makes the cake. I could never gain 50 pounds though so props to him! favorite quote from Always Sunny http://bitly.com/HRcWwk - I never have missed an episode :D