« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kobe Bryant

Hoping to Reconcile

... for the Sake of the Kids

12/24/2011 1:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kobe and Vanessa Bryant
Kobe Bryant has NOT given up on saving his marriage ... and sources close to the family tell us his two daughters are playing a major role in his effort to reconcile ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Kobe is "deeply depressed" over the situation -- and is very concerned about how his daughters will handle growing up in two separate households.

TMZ broke the story ... Vanessa decided to pull the plug after catching the NBA star in another extra-marital affair.

Sources tell us ... Bryant's family was not aware of Kobe's exploits -- but they hope he and Vanessa can find a way to get along in the future ... if only for the sake of the kids.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

sassy

kobe wants to reconcile because of trhe MONEY not the kids...lets get real

R

Ah, Mel Torme singing The Christmas Song on YouTube and me reading this article on TMZ and ho ho ho my first laugh of the day. Thanks, Mel, for good times. Thanks, Kobe, for the laughs.

ZB

Where were his thoughts about keeping his family together while he was dipping his wick in yet another woman that was not his wife....this was not a one time 'opps' thing...this is repetitive thing...The only thing he is depressed about is getting caught.

ChunkyLightning

Kobe when you assaulted that girl years ago it was already over then! She's just been waiting till the courts paid her for the shame and ridicule you put her through.

UPYOURS

This translates as, I just found out from my attorney that a divorce is going to royally screw me financially, so I will SACRIFICE myself, to save money. Doesn't mean I am going to stop screwing other women, I am a superstar and thats what we do. What a slime bucket.

Chris

For the sake of the kids? LOL--a bit late for that! He should have been thinking of his kids before screwing around with other women. He is not exactly a man of integrity and setting a horrible example to his children of what a committed relationship is all about. He's a hypocrite and a loser...like so many other celebrities who have wealth and power but very little honor or integrity.

Bubbles The Chimp

Kobe is 'deeply depressed'... but his penis 'happily ready' to bang another skank.

ELLIE

GIVE ME A BIG FRIGGIN BREAK! HE IS NOT GOING TO QUIT HAVING AFFAIRS. VANESSA DROP THE JERK AN TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN. ONCE A CHASER ALWAYS A CHASER. HE OUGHT TO CHANGE HIS NAME TO CHASER BRYANT. THE KIDS WILL BE MUCH BETTER OFF TOO.

dd

I hope you didn't pay this "source" because this is totally bogus.

tippy katz

Yeah, Kobe's hoping to reconcile for the kids... his millions of little green kids.

magentapyramid

He should've considered the welfare of his daughters BEFORE he opened his pants to the world.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

"Kobe Bryant has NOT given up on saving his marriage .." that's because he knows his gold diggin' ho'z and they ALL Have a price and she was bought off before, freakin' ho. This is one of those rare instances where we have a man and woman ho'....

Athina

I would run like the wind if I was Vanessa. Married to a serial cheater is a huge health risk. Even wearing a condom is certainly not foolproo****ainst several diseases she could pick up from him screwing around. His ho's could have herpes, AIDS. You don't know where the lesions might be. She's not making a mistake by protecting herself.

dierdre

YA KNOW WHAT I COULD NEVER UNDERSTAND IS HOW A MAN LIKE KOBE BRYANT, WHO'S MARRIED TO ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN IN THE WORLD STILL CHEATS.....SOME MEN ARE NEVER SATISFIED, AND ITS A DISEASE....THERE CALLED SEX-ADDICTS...IF I WERE MARRIED TO THIS CREEP, I'D DIVORCE HIM SOOOOO FAST AND GET EVERY PENNY OFF OF THIS SEX ADDICTED CREEP...TO BOOT HE'S DEAD ASS HOMILY....SERIOUSLY, WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIS WIFE VANESSA....SHE COULD GET ANY MAN ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET....IT MAKES ME WONDER THE OLD SAYING "ONCE A GOLD-DIGGER ALWAYS A GOLD-DIGGER.....UGH.....

Pam

Kobe were you thinking about your daughters when you were cheating?

The time you spent cheating, you could have been spending with your children.

If you are not going to change your behavior, Kobe, get the divorce.