« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Basketball Wives' Star

Sued for Helping Blow

NBA Star's Fortune

12/25/2011 12:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1223_antoine_walker_ex_getty_ex2
Evelyn Lozada
-- one of the stars of "Basketball Wives" who was once engaged to former NBA All-Star Antoine Walker -- is being sued for allegedly receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars illegally.

The story is shocking. Walker raked in a whopping $110 million during his NBA career, in addition to untold millions in endorsements and other deals ... and he blew ALL OF IT and a lot more.

Walker filed for bankruptcy last year, and now the bankruptcy trustee smells a rat. It seems Walker gave Lozada $560,000 when he already knew he was going belly up. The trustee has sued Lozada, claiming the transfer was fraudulent -- an attempt to hide money from legitimate creditors.

The trustee says Lozada used the money to start a Miami shoe store called Dulce, and now the trustee wants the $560k back.

We're told Lozada and Walker insist there was no funny business. He gave her the money to help pay her bills. Sources say Lozada funded Dulce NOT with the $560k, but by selling her engagement ring.  And, our sources say, Lozada had no idea Walker was so deep in debt.

Rich people's problems ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Jodi

How could he be broke with the kind of money he made? This truly blows my mind.

The Real JJ

How do you blow through $110 million dollars??? Antoine Walker was an ok player but i thought he was smarter than that. And this HO is pro, who jumps rich man to rich man.

agold

Easy - Chaddyboy-sugar-daddy is about to learn why she's dating him! "Hey, boo, you have 600k I could borrow? For our child, boo, for our child!!?? Oh, lordiee!!" -- So she's in the clear either way. Chad will Pony up in a heartbeat. Why? Because this broad IS THE HOTTEST piece of tail this side of the Milky Way. No, really, she is SMOKING hot and she knows it. :)

Nicoleasm

I had no idea that was cinsidered fraudulent to give money to family if you're in debt. I remember my uncle was being sued for a car, and he still gave me money to help w/my college tuition. My mom is the one who told me he had legal/money issues. I felt bad for taking the money from him but he wouldn't take no for an answer, and I vowed to pay him back when I could. My dad wasn't around so he always felt obligated to help me and my mom. But I looked up the laws and they don't have a case against her. You have to go after the debtor not the recipient. Walker committed the fraud if he gave away all that money. And those two were never married.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Former rich peoples problems, TMZ. You can take some people out of the poor, but you can't take the poor out of some people.

Coco Chanel

The trustee has no case. The courts can't make Evelyn say she knew he was in debt. Not to mention she's a SMART girl. Evelyn is the reason why I watch BBW of Miami.

ChunkyLightning

Every woman knows that a beautiful woman can make a man do something stupid over and over again!

fstblk

These FOOLS and their money!!! In the world we live in now they should try to save some of it but no. What fools these sports stars are.Just give him a pigsfoot and a bottle of beer. I'm sure they won't complain then!!!!

CelieFromTheColorPurple

HAIL TO QUEEN OF ALL DIGGERS,AS SOON AS ANTOINE WALKER LOST ALL HIS MONEY SHE RAN FOR THE MEXICAN BORDER. CHAD WILL RUN FROM EVELYNE REALLY SOON, THAT WOMAN SICKENS ME,BUT YOUHAVE TO ADMIT ANTOINE IS A CAPITAL IDIOT PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME???; DID THIS DUMMY REALLY BLOW $110 MILLION THESE ATHLETES NEED TO LEARN HOW TO INVEST THEIR MONEY THIS GUY LITERALLY WROTE BAD CHECKS LOL..HE NEEDS TO TAKE A FINANCIAL INVESTMENT CLASS TAUGHT BY MAJIC JOHNSON.

Kaffee

I think the real story here is Walker -- How do you get rid of 110 million dollars, PLUS millions in endorsements? That takes stupidity to a new level. Congratulations, Mr. Walker!! No sympathy here.

natbat

If the money was given to her to pay her bills the question becomes, Did she pay the taxes due? The same goes for the decade old engagement ring that she sold. How did they get Capone again? Watch out Evelyn. The IRS is not the one to play with. Or, maybe, your taxes are simply a 'non-factor.'

angie

can you say golddigger

Cooley

If they were still together, I would say the trustee has a point.

But she's got another man! No way she's hiding money for Antoine.

Simone

To blow that kind of money...honestly it makes me sick.

Bird

Why is the show called "Basketball Wives" anyways? Most of the women on the show are EX wives of basketball players. The show should be called "Women Who Used To Bang an NBA Player". Reality TV is so lame.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments