'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'

Who'd You Rather?

12/25/2011 12:25 AM PST BY Johnny Lopez

1222_gwtdt_rather
Here's Rooney Mara as Lisbeth Salander in the new David Fincher version of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" (left) -- and Noomi Rapace as Lisbeth in the original 2009 Swedish version (right).

Question is ...

More Who'd you rather?

Kat

When it comes to playing the part of Lisbeth and how that look is pulled off, I go with Noomi. Now, when it comes to how they look in real life, Rooney has a much more high fashion thing going for her, which I really like.

Either way, they both play the part excellently and they are both beautiful, even if not in a "stereotypical beauty" way.

StevenB

Probably good actresses and lovely people but those pictures --- well, it's like asking, "Would you rather have genital herpes or genital warts?"

Carl

I wonder why they didn't just cast Noomi in the role for this movie? I'm sure that she (like nearly all Swedes) is fluent in English and would happily do the role.

Misery

I hated this dumb movie, but Noomi pisses all over that dumb American ****. I don't see why it was necessary for Hollywood to remake the film. That's like an insult or a slap in the face to the Swede who directed the original. David Fincher is a f***king pig for exploiting women like that--not just the film but the stupid movie poster. I will never see another one of that dirtbag's movies ever again.

inna

Google both of them up, they're both really beautiful, but as lisbeth I take Noomi.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

I need some pliers right about now.

tara

It seems like most people who have commented do not seem to realize that the actresses look the way they do in the pictures because that is how the character in the book looks (do they even know what books are?). The actresses do not look like that in their every day lives. Based on appearance, screen presence, performance, charisma, overall acting ability ... Noomi's Lisbeth is by far the better one! Rooney Mara is a pale imitator (pun intended).

Cady

The original was way 2 awesome to even think about changing the character. Plus the new character looks freakishly strange

tinyteach82

I think both girls are beautiful outside of this role...however in this role I think Noomi is the more attractive because I think the hairstyle they chose for Rooney was horrible...that two me is the difference...Noomi has the benefit of having a more flattering haircut.

Mark

Rooney looks a lot worse in the two pictures, mainly because of the horrible haircut, lip ring, and no eyebrows... but her body is banging if your into skinny girls... Rooney's body is 9/10 and her face is decent without all the wierdo getup. Noomi has a gross body and pretty gross face too

Teekyweeks

I love US movies but they cannot remake this film as well as the Swedish one. Should leave well enough alone. For those who read the book, the Swedish film is spot on - no need to remake it. Those of us who loved the book really loved the Swedish film, subtitles and all. Leave it alone !!

birdman

Whoever said noomi hasnt seen the movie Rooney Mara is so freakin hot in this movie!

kim

uuuhhh " REALLY " do you REALLY NEED TO ASK?? it would be " NOOMI " WHY MAKE THE MOVIE OVER AGAIN??? and who did ROONEY'S hair " THE SCHOOL FOR THE BLIND???

Moonbeam

I read the book before seeing either of these women's photos, and Noomi looks much more like the character I pictured in my mind as I read.

tv

Can I vote for Janet Reno?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments