Carlos Mencia

Comedy Is HARDER

When You Lose the Fat

12/27/2011 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

122311_carlos_still

Carlos Mencia knows that fat is funny -- and dropping 70 lbs can be a career killer for a comedian -- but this weekend, the comic found a way to make skinny work ... with the help of a little person.

A slimmed-down Mencia was telling us all about the weight loss at The Improv in L.A. ... when his former "Mind of Mencia" co-star Little Brad stopped by.

1129_carlos_weight_loss
Mencia -- pointing to his pal -- told us, "We wear the same size shirt" ... adding, "I'll show you that I fit in a dwarf shirt now." The two proceeded to swap tops ... right in the middle of the street.

He added, "I don't know if this is cool or pathetic." Check out the footage -- you be the judge.

BigTimeRush_betterthanBieber

He was never funny to begin with sooo...

PPC

I heard his routine once and he is not funny. I do know he steals jokes for other performers. He should never have earned a cent for his "talent." He is a loser regardless of his weight

roly

Of course it's harder for Carlos, there no places to hide all his stolen jokes.

arale norimaki

Carlos Mencia IS Not Actually Funny

Do you like fishsticks?

Rollie

once he learns how to do his own material instead of everybody elses he might be funny

Rich

Losing weight does give you a longer penis.

toasty

Actually, little people usually have a normal size torso. this means nothing that he can fit into that shirt. if it was an attempt at humor, then he is still not funny and he's offensive.

vitali

He'd be funnier if he wasn't stealing other people's jokes.

Alex Warren

Is that true i haven never seen such things in my life but sound pretty good

BB not bb

I have never heard this guy and can't see the video . . . but I think that people have no sense of humor much. When they laugh at comedy, they are usualy laughing at the commedian. Sit in the audience of an Adam Sandler movie if you don't believe me. They are not really laughting with the comedian but at him.

It is harder to laugh at a thin fit and healthy guy than at a guy who is fat sick and confused. He needs to maybe change his act to suit the new look. That or maybe he needs to wear thicker shirts and walk slumped over too fool people. He could maybe wipe water on his forehead to look like beads of sweat.

To me, it is very funny that people notice and don't find him funny any more. I think that a lot of good humor is found in the strange behavior of people.

Being an entertainer is one thing, but making yourself sick to do it is another.

anony

Now he'll have more energy to steal jokes from other comics.

k

is that wee man?

Brandie

he doesn't do fat jokes so it doesn't really matter what he looks like...if he made fun of himself it may damage his career but he doesn't so it don't really matter.

Jane

Carlos Menstealia is a Copy Machine...

Your argument is invalid.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2