'Fresh Prince' Star

RIPS WILL SMITH

I'll Never Reunite w/ that 'A**hole'

12/27/2011 6:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Aunt Viv on Fresh Prince of Bel Air
The woman who played the original Aunt Viv on "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" says there's a damn good reason she wasn't at a recent reunion dinner with the rest of the Banks family -- she HATES Will Smith.

15 years after the show went off the air ... Janet Hubert tells TMZ, she's still upset with the way she was fired from the show ... and blames the whole thing on Smith himself.

"There will never be a reunion ... as I will never do anything with an a**hole like Will Smith," Hubert said.

1227_fresh_prince_facebook_dateShe adds, "He is still an egomaniac and has not grown up. This constant reunion thing will never ever happen in my lifetime unless there is an apology, which he doesn't know the word."

Hubert has said in the past she believes Smith is to blame for her departure in the middle of the show's run -- claiming he turned on her because she wouldn't kiss his butt.

But Smith refuted the claims after Hubert left the show in 1993 -- telling an Atlanta radio station Hubert simply had a bad attitude which played a major role in her demise.

Smith told the radio station, "[Hubert] said once, 'I've been in the business for 10 years and this snotty-nosed punk comes along and gets a show.' No matter what, to her I'm just the AntiChrist."

We called Smith for comment -- so far, no response.

BLANE

A perfect example of what Chappelle would call "When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong"

Cilla

Will Smith is an arrogant pr!ck. I have never liked the guy. Jada would be very smart to file for divorce and get her and their children out of there. I believe their relationship issues were about their kids and their kids fame. It is clear when you see their kids that they think that they are somehow better than everyone else,something many have seen in Will Smith's behavior over the years,and it is disgusting.Kids should be allowed to be kids but these kids are always dressed in outfits meant to be worn by someone who is much older than their kids are. I can't stand those who seem to think they are entitled and Will Smith and his kids clearly think they are. Jada should get out while she can and take the kids with her so that they have a chance of having some type of a normal life.If the kids want to act later down the line that is fine but right now they should be allowed to be kids.

john

im sure she is still cashing her checks. she has to know the only reason that show still gets aired is because of Will Smith

john

people just need to realies this man made a difference here in america war over in iraq bin laden dead theres more jobs kids are going to school more to learn about what going on in the world..People how don't like him are probley racisic bottom line.....

Kris

When I met Will Smith,I left thinking he's the nicest guys. Everyone that I've ever spoke with said he's so down to earth. Janet Hubert-Whitten I've been there before when you are so angry when you just want to blame someone, It time to move on, it's time to get the Poison out of your system. You did good on the show, but the show mush go on...

Kim

I'm loving it!!!

Tina Songe

I can't believe that ANYONE would not like nor get along with Will Smith. Sounds like she was jealous from the 'get-go' and still is! Get over it Aunt Viv! It's funny how she states Will has never grown up. If you ask me, she's the one acting childish. Accept the fact that he's made it bigger than you. And that's JMO and all I'm going to say about that! Oh, wait - did I say I LOVE Will Smith! LOL LOL

Matt

She shouldn't of signed a contract that stated she couldn't get pregnant then get pregnant. It's her own fault why she was fired.

ShrinkWrap

I am sure his ego was big enough to be in it's own zip code ( and probably still is), but it was his show. Instead of being bitter, she should be grateful to have had the opportunity. Her career really took off after that, huh?

HanCelin

It’s hard to believe that my buddy's step-aunt makes $79 hourly on the internet. She has been without work for 5 months but last month her check was $7802 simply working on the internet a few hours day. Visit this site for more... http://uuurl.net/354en

Leigh

So, she is just holding a grudge, because she had to work and work to at least be where she was... But he randomly came out of nowhere and had a show..... That is very mature....

Alonzo Mourning

You know what? I'm so proud of the fact that "I have NEVER watched one episode" of this show Fresh Prince of Bel Air"! I just can't image any intelligent person wasting their time watching such drivel.

tahiaha

just get over it already

Bill5martin

This comment says it all. She said"I've been in the business for 10 years and this snotty-nosed punk comes along and gets a show." She thought the show would revolve around her and when he got all the attension. She couldn't handle it. She was fired for good reason. She was bitter and unprofessional. Towards the end. She wouldn't even be around the other actors. She would do her lines and leave. She has even admitted to that. I wouldn't want to work with someone like that. Seems like he is more mature then she will ever be. She needs to get over it, but I doubt she ever will. She even wrote a book about it.

Bill5martin

She is bitter and jealous. I have seen interviews with her and she is so arrogant. She is more known for having been fired from the show, then any of her other work.