'Fresh Prince' Star

RIPS WILL SMITH

I'll Never Reunite w/ that 'A**hole'

12/27/2011 6:20 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Aunt Viv on Fresh Prince of Bel Air
The woman who played the original Aunt Viv on "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" says there's a damn good reason she wasn't at a recent reunion dinner with the rest of the Banks family -- she HATES Will Smith.

15 years after the show went off the air ... Janet Hubert tells TMZ, she's still upset with the way she was fired from the show ... and blames the whole thing on Smith himself.

"There will never be a reunion ... as I will never do anything with an a**hole like Will Smith," Hubert said.

1227_fresh_prince_facebook_dateShe adds, "He is still an egomaniac and has not grown up. This constant reunion thing will never ever happen in my lifetime unless there is an apology, which he doesn't know the word."

Hubert has said in the past she believes Smith is to blame for her departure in the middle of the show's run -- claiming he turned on her because she wouldn't kiss his butt.

But Smith refuted the claims after Hubert left the show in 1993 -- telling an Atlanta radio station Hubert simply had a bad attitude which played a major role in her demise.

Smith told the radio station, "[Hubert] said once, 'I've been in the business for 10 years and this snotty-nosed punk comes along and gets a show.' No matter what, to her I'm just the AntiChrist."

We called Smith for comment -- so far, no response.

Truth

Actually according to the E True Hollywood story when contract renegotiations came up they cut her to 13 episodes and she didn't get a raise. She responded by filing a lawsuit against NBC and Will Smith who was a producer on the show by then. After turning down two revised contracts she wanted to take the third but NBC said "that ship has sailed". The lawsuit was eventually dismissed.
According to her she said there was a lot of tension on her part due to her pregnancy, emotions weight gain and thus she wasn't the easiest person to get along with on tapings.

Birnam

Anyone know where I can find a nice lady and a decent pair of shoes?

lisa

He probably does have a big ego. But she played that role horribly. I liked the show much better after they replaced her.

ronmch20

Somebody on that show had the "big head", and it wasn't Will Smith. No doubt it was the one that thought "I'm so all that" that I have to hyphenate my last name. Care to guess???

kar

And we care about what she says.......

Joan K

I have to agree with her he is an azz and has such a big head. He thinks he is god's gift and he sure isn't, neither is his self centered kid.

carmen

You BOTH need to grow up and compromise. I like both actors. But egos get into the way. Drop the ego appologize to each other and move on. Very simple. Lead by example. BOTH of YOU.

SarahBeebee

I do believe when she says Will was egomaniac. He has always been like that. However he does it in a funny and charming way that people don't find him to be an *******.

Even If Will is like that. I don't think he is responsible for her firing. I do believe there was a story that she was Happy with the first season because the Plot included her more but she got upset that as the seasons went on. That she got less and less airtime while Will got more Airtime. I do believe that is the true story.

She should just get over it and do a re-union and give fans what we want!!

jmk

Her hatred of Will Smith isn't new information - she's been vocal about it for years. She needs to give it up and move on!

kbn

she is a very bitter woman; TV One Life After did a story on her a few months back and she was very bitter; she tried to act like she was the better person and moved on but you could clearly see how bitter she is.

gutsygirl

Someone told me a few years ago that he had talked to a man who flew private jets for celebrities. The pilot said that the most difficult of all was Will Smith. He had an I AM OWED attitude and was an arrogant jerk.

THE BEAVER

Well, if you really want to know if Will is an azzholes, just ask his wife. You do not know a person until you actually live with that person. This is why I have said to myself while on a job, and have seen how they do and act while on the job.. thank God I do not have to live with that person.

JimmyB

Smith has all the credibility on this one. She made his case.

Pittsburgh's Finest

Wait, she is still mad after 15 years. What a bitter b*tch. She is just another hater. Will, do your thing. While you are cashing those checks, she is still trying to hold onto that money she made 15 years ago. She is a non motherf*ckin factor. By the way, give me a holla when you dump jada for f*ckin Marc Anthony :)

michelle

Wow, I guess she only played a classy woman on t.v.