'Love & Hip Hop' Star

VH1 Derailed My Career

12/27/2011 5:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_k1z0qw8h_1_aijry6al
"Love & Hip Hop" star Erica Mena tells TMZ, the vicious, glass-smashing, hair-pulling cat fight between her and Kimbella Vanderhee has torpedoed her modeling career -- and it's all VH1's fault.

In case you missed this week's episode, Kimbella throws a champagne glass at Erica -- after Erica accuses her of cheapening the video vixen industry by agreeing to work for a pittance. Erica responds by grabbing Kimbella's hair and ... just watch the clip.

But the 24-year-old tells us, she was completely misrepresented in the episode -- blaming show editors for unfairly portraying her as the bad guy ... and Kimbella as an angel.

Erica tells us, "My whole image in my career is now affected by this. I wanted them to pull this clip because I don’t want to show this side of me." Clearly, VH1 refused.

Calls to the network have not been returned.

Coco Chanel

I watched the show. Run the clip back...... Are you serious. VH1 messed up her career. Wow

Boner

Really... skank on skank violence needs a spokesman like Sally Struthers for kid hunger.

No ho, your lack of talent and good looks killed your career, being on VH1 was just the last death throws of that career.

Time to start selling that ass on the corner.

Michelle Foxx

Stupid Wh*res

Bill Leslie

"career" should be in parenthesis because being a skank ass whore b1tch isn't really a "career" -- its not like she was going to be a rocket scientist or anything.

Celeb Gossip Addict

It was obvious that VH1 cut and diced that scene to death. The way they showed it the girl verbally attacked Kimbella for no reason at all. I see now that Kimbella was brought in to crank things up a notch and she is doing just that...and probably for little money.

Truth

THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH THAT CLIP IS THEY WEREN'T NUDE. A SLAP IN THE FACE TO ALL THE SKRIPPERS OUT THERE! #TRUTH!!

Proud2bBlack

As a black educated female, this is just totally embarrassing to keep witnessing these types of behavior from black women. Our ancestors did not die & fight for our freedom for you all to act like fools on national tv. This is shameful. It's not the way we all carry ourselves and it's not entertaining to watch either. All of these women are mothers, they should have their children taken away until they learn how to act like women. Unbelievable

Just_Me

She is pure trash! Can't believe she came off this way in her FIRST episode!!

kromen

Didn't know who she was before the clip, still don't care to know her. The age of the Supermodel is over, she'll just have to bang some rappers and write a tell-all book like the rest of the mud ducks.

Carl

No field of music moves through artists as fast as rap and hip hop. She probably wouldn't have had any more of a career anyway.

DubstepDistribution

Who?

YEAHISEDIT

I saw this episode and it's very clear she came with animosity. She now sees herself from an outside prospective and realizes it's not pretty.

ProudBlackWoman

I didn't know who this chick was before the clip, and still don't know who she is now. The whole scene was simply pathetic. People will sell their souls for money...sad!!!

willie1

Nasty hip-hop, rappers skanks on every friggen street corner and got them a label. Then they put them on Tv just to see them fight. Young black american is evolution going in reverse. I haven'*****ched VH1 in years....this shows I haven't miss a thing

Strokadellic