'Love & Hip Hop' Star

VH1 Derailed My Career

12/27/2011 5:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_k1z0qw8h_1_aijry6al
"Love & Hip Hop" star Erica Mena tells TMZ, the vicious, glass-smashing, hair-pulling cat fight between her and Kimbella Vanderhee has torpedoed her modeling career -- and it's all VH1's fault.

In case you missed this week's episode, Kimbella throws a champagne glass at Erica -- after Erica accuses her of cheapening the video vixen industry by agreeing to work for a pittance. Erica responds by grabbing Kimbella's hair and ... just watch the clip.

But the 24-year-old tells us, she was completely misrepresented in the episode -- blaming show editors for unfairly portraying her as the bad guy ... and Kimbella as an angel.

Erica tells us, "My whole image in my career is now affected by this. I wanted them to pull this clip because I don’t want to show this side of me." Clearly, VH1 refused.

Calls to the network have not been returned.

ray

""My whole image in my career is now affected by this" who is she kidding? what image, how can you damage the image of SKANK?

thestupid

This is like saying I went in a shower and I got wet. You have to have **** for brains lady

ManiacalZebra

I'm stunned that so many people go on "reality" shows looking for money and publicity, then complain that they were made to look bad. Sorry, but angels don't get ratings, which is all the shows and networks care about. If you don't know this in advance, you're too stupid for words. She got exactly what a normal person would expect from being on a reality show.

realist1

Really? Wasn't her career virtually non-existent before all of this? Hence, the reason for the argument in the first place--because she couldn't get any good-paying work??

BeHonest

I am speechless... "... I don't want to show this side of me..." Buddy you don't get to choose which side. You do the crime you do the time. Why can't you just behave yourself like a proper human being. So stop blaming others and "Woman Up"!

chaz lane

What career? Never heard of her till this article...

LINDA

PEOPLE THIS IS T.V. WAS THEY ON HIP HOP JUMP OFFS? RATINGS RATINGS RATINGS.......

Sapphiegirl

DON'T DO ANYTHING ON FILM THAT YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE TO SEE!!!!! WHEN WILL YOU REALITY SHOW BIMBOS FIGURE THAT OUT!

Brittani

VH1 didn't ruin your career YOU did. Don't get me wrong I'm not a Kimbella fan or anything...but you didn't even give her a chance. You started verbally attacking her the second you sat down with her. And you don't even KNOW the girl!!!! You weren't lady like at all. It's a shame that someone so beautiful can turn so ugly due to there attitude. Don't blame others because you can't hold it together when it matters the most (When cameras are around). Editing or not you showed your @$$ on T.V and that's YOUR fault.

If you felt that she was "messing with your money" there is a mature way do go about discussing your concerns. You act like you're "on another level" and your better than her, when your not. Like Yandy said "on paper you guys are identical". She may do things for free because she can afford to do so...maybe she just enjoys modeling.

At the end of the day nobody can make you look like an @$$ but yourself. And you did a great job of it.

Good luck to you~

Nikki

LOL really???? CUz she has another video out on TMZ attacking her baby's daddy outside a club. Looks like she's the only thing ruining her "Career"

Nikki

MG

DISGRACEFUL!!!! & THAT'S PUTTING IT MILDLY! POOR EXAMPLE TO YOUNG BLACK WOMEN @ ITS EXTREME:-(

slim

OMG! I saw this. She is to blame for this. I don't understand how these women could come out of these shows and fight like animals. How can you be expected to taken as a professional when you behave like an idiot! Then you turn around and blame others. She instigated this fight and should have walked away since she considers herself a "professional model." I would not hire this woman for any modeling jobs after seening this.

haha

lmao...she didnt have to go on tv acting stupid like that..its all her fault

Limashky

This girl is so full of it!! she was the one who start everything!! She said she is way better then Kimbella But please Bitch thankx to who? To Khloe & Kourtney u forgot u worked for them in Miami? Kourtney talked to her ppl in the modeling industry & thats how u got in. u nobody Trashy... & giirl the clothes u had on the day of the fight PLEASE burn it

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments