'Love & Hip Hop' Star

VH1 Derailed My Career

12/27/2011 5:52 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0_k1z0qw8h_1_aijry6al
"Love & Hip Hop" star Erica Mena tells TMZ, the vicious, glass-smashing, hair-pulling cat fight between her and Kimbella Vanderhee has torpedoed her modeling career -- and it's all VH1's fault.

In case you missed this week's episode, Kimbella throws a champagne glass at Erica -- after Erica accuses her of cheapening the video vixen industry by agreeing to work for a pittance. Erica responds by grabbing Kimbella's hair and ... just watch the clip.

But the 24-year-old tells us, she was completely misrepresented in the episode -- blaming show editors for unfairly portraying her as the bad guy ... and Kimbella as an angel.

Erica tells us, "My whole image in my career is now affected by this. I wanted them to pull this clip because I don’t want to show this side of me." Clearly, VH1 refused.

Calls to the network have not been returned.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Karina

She's probaly going to call the cops on VH1 now. "..unfairly portraying her as the bad guy.." Um Erica you started fighting verbally with Kimbella, really editing doesn't put words in your mouth. And don't act so high and mighty becuase Kimbella looks way better then you. And your a video Wh*re too so fall back. There's mad S**t on you on the internet. We all know you crazy and unstable.

carlos

I can't believe it

scarpy

Uh... they're latina girls. Even though it doesn't make a difference... it's sad to see women fighting and not one of these men are marrying them.

Women need to seriously get some standards and requirements.

scarpy

Women need to seriously get some standards and requirements.

TeeTee777

VH1 did not ruin her modeling career as she clearly provoked that ass kicking. She cant get mad for showing her true colors and obviously she is not doing so good as a model as she is basically trying to come up with a law suit against VH1 for monetary gain. I think Kimbella did a good job of trying to diffuse the situation by being non hostile and letting her speak her piece but that Erica just would not shut up and continued to get more and more beligerant and upset!!! Then going to try and call the cops? That was definitely a punk ass move. Its different if some one just assaults you for nothing but she was asking for it. I hope her modeling career totally flops and then she will be right on the level that she put herself above. I don't even care for Kimbella but this girl Erica takes the cake.

cherie

they r both beautiful, erica went n talking **** and got her eye busted.

betty

1st of all erica ,u started that fight ,u was telling Yandy
about kimbelle before u even met her ,because she work cheaper then u and was taking money out ur pocket.U started saying nasty things to kimbelle .erica u sold ur self cheap and got what u wasing looking for ,u talked all that " S" and then called the cops on kimbelle ,girl u should have took that part..HA HA

betty

erica ,erica ,go back and look at the clip,people don't talk " S' and called the cops ,I don't know what u got pay
but I wouldn't have wanted to play that part and my face got mess up onless i was going to be RICH.OH that's it now
by sueing will u then become Rich.Ha HA u got the FUZZ RIP OFF.....

Alida

Erica you need to get off this program your just making a fool of yourself! love the show but you need to keep it moving.

Eve

She deserves it. I wouldn't hire Ms.Mena to wait tables!

Trina

Erica ruined Erica's "career" no one else. She was trying to show off and it backfired and now she see's how dumb she looks. She wouldn't of had much of a career anyway so it doesn't matter.

nniasia