Maria Shriver

Second Thoughts About Divorcing Arnold

12/27/2011 1:39 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1223_maria_shriver_arnold_getty_EX1
Maria Shriver
is telling friends she's now unsure if she wants to divorce Arnold Schwarzenegger ... TMZ has learned.

We're told Maria is torn, partly because of her strong religious beliefs that do not include divorce.

Making matters even more complicated -- we're told Arnold still desperately wants Maria back, and has been "extremely sweet" to her and has made numerous gestures -- which include presents -- to win Maria back.

Maria filed for divorce on July 1, though she moved out months earlier.  She's already bought a mansion in Brentwood, CA, which she's in the process of renovating.

0809_arnold_maria_footer

Katy Perry

Ho, Ho, HOT!

Katy Perry bikini pictures
Katy Perry spent her Xmas Day frolicking around in the ocean off the beaches of Hawaii with some friends ... but without hubby Russell Brand.

The fact that her bikini top stayed on is a Christmas miracle!

Joanna in "Love Actually"

'MEMBA HER?!

1222_memba_love_actually_launchOlivia Olson is best known for playing Joanna Anderson -- the girl who sings "All I Want For Christmas Is You" -- at the end of the 2003 holiday film "Love Actually." Guess what she looks like now!

Sinead O'Connor Ends Marriage

AFTER 16 DAYS

1227_welcome_marriages_launch
Sinead O'Connor abruptly ended her marriage to her fourth husband Barry Herridge ... after just 16 days.

The couple wed on December 8 -- the Irish singer's 45th birthday.

The news was announced on Sinead's website. "He is a wonderful man. I love him very much. I'm sorry I'm not a more regular woman," she posted. "I truly believe though it is painful to admit, we made a mistake rushing into getting married, for altruistic reasons, and weren't aware or prepared for the consequences on my husband's life and the lives of those close to him. He has been terribly unhappy and I have therefore ended the marriage. I think he is too nice to do so. And too nice to trap."

TMZ's Annual

Santa Snapshots Photo Contest

HAPPY HOLIDAZE!

1223_santa_snapshots_contest_launchThe funny photos poured into the TMZ newsroom for our annual Santa Snapshots Photo Contest and the results are a little gift for each and every one of you!

**CLICK HERE for contest rules and regulations!**

The Hangover Lawsuit

More Exciting Than Fake Boobs?

Louis Vuitton is suing Warner Brother over a scene in "The Hangover 2" -- a lawsuit so enthralling ... oh nevermind.

Stars Who Stole Christmas

Merry Grinchmas

1223_grinch_launch

With a flash and a flick with a magical wrist -- we've turned these fun photos into something with a Dr. Seuss twist!

So as you rest and relax all snug in your bed -- try and get these celebrity Grinch pictures out of your head!

aabmh

People do not change. Once a cheater, always a cheater. But with this family... what's new? Nothing.

Frank

Good for Maria and Arnold .. God bless them both... This is what relationships are all about making it happen no matter what.. Look at president Bill Clinton & his wife Hillary. They worked it out and made their relationship a lasting memory... I'm hopeful we have learn what marriage is all about and will commit until death do us part... Happy New Year one and all...

Jeannine

Having children with your house cleaner outside of your marriage to your faithful wife IS reason to move on. She should not give the loser another chance. Anybody who thinks so is mentally ill, and is codependent on somebody.

ML

cause she's better than everyone, not...

dootise

all those kennedy-related women are masochists. She'll be even more humiliated and then go whip herself up with a little catholic guilt...barbed wire under the duchesse satin designer gowns.

Dewey Compost

Relax people. Women cheat as often, if not more, than men and husbands usually stick with the cheating wife. It's between them anyway, so they aren't listening to us.

Maritza

It's up to them if they can work things through. But Maria should NOT perpetuate the MYTH about the Catholic Church being against divorce. It does not allow divorce and "remarriage", unless the marriage is annulled in the church, which many have their own opinions,I being one. So maybe, Maria figures her options are few.

Don

I guess Ms. Shriver is not as smart as I thought she was. Once a philanderer, always a philanderer. No amount of "the love a good woman" is going to change someone like him. And, besides, what's the point? Why does she need him? Also, when it comes to religious beliefs (or distortions thereof), isn't SHE breaking HER vows by cavorting with an adulterer? I'm just sayin'...

Daniel

In all honesty, I do hope they get back together. Sure "Ahnold" made some big mistakes in the past but haven't we all? i just hope they are doing it for love and not politics

Cathy

I hope that Maria will make the decision that brings her peace in her life. Her religious beliefs should be carefully weighed as she decides what to do.

Forgiveness may be possible and Arnold may have finally realized what is really important in life. I wish them the best.

Sonja A. Moody

Hello "TMZ",
I'm Sonja.
I could not remain with my Husband. He did not only cheat, he was violent to me. Verbal and physical harm.

Sonja

Sonja Moody

Hello,
I'm Sonja. I'm not surprised Maria has doubts about leaving her Husband. If Maria were my Friend, I would advise her to remain with Arnold. Forgive him. Arnold is like many men, they stray, but they Love their Wife. They hope to start all over with their Wife.
Sonja

Jay Love

I do hope possibly that Maria can find it within her to give the old guy another chance, (I say another as we do not know how many she has already given him) she should however be used to men like her husband as he was made from the same mold as the Kennedy clan and fits right in with them? the Kennedy women were raised to put up with these behaviors and just think of the family? I do feel they have put in so much time already and have many children who depend on two parents, for their sake maybe she will give him the benefit of the doubt? I would however advise her one condition to be made, make Arnold transfer at least 50% of his gross worth into her name, sole and seperate, just in case he should fail to honor her trust in him again? that would be a true test of his sorrow?

Dewey Compost

There are few, if any, great marriages. Cheating on a spouse is never a good option, but once into your 60s or older it's tougher facing a cheating spouse and determining what's the correct decision. Divorcing the spouse leaves you alone with little chance of finding anyone you are compatible with. If you don't mind being alone then go for it, otherwise try very hard to work it out. Cheating is awful, but if it stops things can get better and the cheating spouse will hopefully work the remainder of his/her life to make amends.

Maritza

I agree with the poster Shelly. For someone who "claims" to be such a devout Catholic, why is she perpetuating a LIE about the Church being against divorce? Like Shelly said, its just against remarriage, however, in it does allow annullments,then remarriage in some cases. Thats open to opinion. I disagree. Maybe Maria figures that she doesn't want to do the dating thing again. No one knows what's going on in her mind.