Ellen Barkin

I Was Shoved by an NYPD Officer

for No Reason!

1/1/2012 9:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0101_ellen_barkin_reg
Actress Ellen Barkin went on a Twitter rampage early this morning after she claims she was pushed by an NYPD officer just for walking down the street ... and the incident was shot on video.

Barkin -- perhaps best known for her roles in "Sea of Love" and "Switch" -- claimed to have seen people being arrested for no reason, as the cops dealt with Occupy Wall Street protestors in the area.

Barkin then had a run-in with an officer of her own, which she described by saying, "Just threatened on my street by NYPD,cop shoved me,both hands,onto sidewalk..Is it a crime 2 stand in the street in NY?WTF is going on here?"

Barkin was with her rumored boyfriend, director Sam Levinson, who caught the incident on video.

We reached out to the local police precinct, who said they would review the video. So far, no word back.

shagrath

bill o reily exposed her as a fraud and a liar, would not surprise me if shes lieing again....damn shame, good actress and very attractive

kat

Shoved? I don't think so. Nice try.

michael

Watched the videos on her boyfriend's twitter page. Is she for real? If I am not mistaken, she dropped an "mf" bomb when conversing with the officer. Just get off the street like you were asked. Are you now aligning yourself with the Occupy crowd? Really? After you married a Wall Street predator; divorced him and are now living off of your divorce settlement?

God, I wish you people would just stay in your multi-million dollar coops, condos and townhomes and fade away.

joecrabs

I'm sure this happened just as she said. Because cops just walk the streets shoving people. I swear, what these washed up actors do for publicity is so stupid.

Betty

From what I've seen of her, she NEEDS a good shove!

ChunkyLightning

Well first no surprise that officers were arresting people for nothing. People involved in non-violent protests have time and again been pepper sprayed! How this is legal I'm not sure. It's assault if they strike you but they can spray chemicals or other substances in your face then refuse medical assistance while they hand cuff you in a car for something that a half assed lawyer will get thrown out if it even gets filed.
People seem to still not get the fact that the police can ask you to stand back or move! There is no right to stand in the middle of a crime scene to keep an eye on police. Although this keeps happening when people claim that officers are over stepping their bounds. More than likely Police Unions have told their members to use it as an excuse like they do "I detected the smell of Marijuana" to illegaly search your car!

Ambadoo

Get over yourself lady, nobody even cares, and who are you again? Some people will do anything just to be noticed even if it makes them look like an idiot. boo hoo, cry me a river whoever you are or were.

Mumra the Ever Living

TMZ, you missed the BIG story. Her boyfriend isn't BARRY Levinson the big time producer/director - it's SAM Levinson, his 25 year old son. That's right, 56 year old Ellen is getting stupped by a 25 year old kid with FOUR acting jobs in EIGHT years. TMZ called him a "director" - the only movie he's ever directed was a movie he wrote, something called "Another Happy Day" which came out this year - I'm sure you've all seen it -- NOT!
So to repeat Some 25 year old nobody is BONING 56 year old Ellen Barkin. And you thought JLO was robbing the cradel.

superchicken

Having her period?

carol

She's an old woman who wanted something to complain about. Get over yourself

Ben from Baltmore

I believe Ellen. These pigs are becoming too power hungry and abusive. No cop ever gets busted for this type of behavior because the cops lie, cheat, and steal to protect their own. What goes on now days makes the Rodney King incident look like no big deal. Look on Youtube and you will find dozens of videos backing up what Ellen is saying. The cops are the law, they are not above the law!

Dave

Actually, Ellen, Yes. It IS a crime to stand in the street in NY. It's called "Jaywalking". There is a reason the city has sidewalks. Use them.

krotchy hughes

If push comes2 shove RUN!!!!!!!!!!!

JiLL1

a pathetic , lying D list actress looking for attention. So sad.

spyseagullrobot

not saying its right for people to shove others but the answer to that question is probibly the police officer was losing patience with you annoying occupier people! you're accomplishing nothing but creating random caos and disorder and crime this is not the way to start or successfully carry out a revolution this is mob justice which is caos which will lead to nothing productive for America. I think anti occupy protester should organize and show up and help the police. you don't have a plan you have a mayhem. and when you leave your campsites in public parks you hurt the natural wildlife behind that you dont clean up you leave litter and I don't respect it at all!