Ellen Barkin

I Was Shoved by an NYPD Officer

for No Reason!

1/1/2012 9:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0101_ellen_barkin_reg
Actress Ellen Barkin went on a Twitter rampage early this morning after she claims she was pushed by an NYPD officer just for walking down the street ... and the incident was shot on video.

Barkin -- perhaps best known for her roles in "Sea of Love" and "Switch" -- claimed to have seen people being arrested for no reason, as the cops dealt with Occupy Wall Street protestors in the area.

Barkin then had a run-in with an officer of her own, which she described by saying, "Just threatened on my street by NYPD,cop shoved me,both hands,onto sidewalk..Is it a crime 2 stand in the street in NY?WTF is going on here?"

Barkin was with her rumored boyfriend, director Sam Levinson, who caught the incident on video.

We reached out to the local police precinct, who said they would review the video. So far, no word back.

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15

Robert

I hope you read these comments Ellen. It seems pretty clear most people think you need to get over yourself. These guys put their lives on the line every day for people like you and me. Sure he should keep his hands to himself; however, in this case it appears he was guiding you off the street and not shoving you to the ground. Get a life and find something important to do with yourself.

ME

Get over yourself Ellen. Are you really this desperate for some publicity? What does your boy toy think of your drama queen display?

Areola

Yes it is. Theres een a time when i was arrested for standing in the road too lng on a private street and the officer didnt see me in the road because he was across county lines and the guy who called was a friend of his and he was stalking me because i wouldnt tell him where i was going. His name is Altamera from mechanicvlle Ny and they abuse their rights. Same cop arrested a friend for loitering because he was waiting for a ride home and was arrested 2 seconds before his father pulled into mconalds, and the same cop abused his power and was going to arrest my friend for yelling her name across the road.

Brien

She totally set it up. What a POS!

Eddie

Pushed for no reason?
In some countries , she would have been slapped in the mouth and locked up.
She thinks she is above te regular people.

Marsi

There is something particularly disturbing to me about a person in the 1% rooting for the 99% while embracing her 1%.. Sorry, Ellen, you don't cut it.

david

It against the law to disrupt traffic.In doing so, you may interrupt an ambulance,a firetruck,or police officers responding to a serious crime.If Miss Barkin wants me to believe her intentions are sincere,let her give every dime she has to the occupiers.

Ana

Puleezeeeeee give me a freaking break! You were not pushed or shoved Ellen! The policeman was doing his job you were in the way! Damm drunken Divas think they can do as they please because they have a lot of money. Get a clue woman you aren't nothing special. I give credit to the policeman who remained polite to your dumb ass.

steinhouser

It whas not the Police it was Barkin, its the old story...an old actress (actor) who cannot get a jub in Hollywood any more looking for a chance...any chance to get their picture in the paper...just cannot live another day with out that glory.

frank brady

If you want to know what the NYPD is capable of, check out the website:

www.sunnys­heu.blogsp­ot.com

Sunny was illegally and detained by NYPD detectives and threatened with death if he did not surrender his home to a mortgage fraud ring with high connection­s. Sunny posted a Youtube video saying he feared being killed by the NYPD and days later he was found dead with his head crushed.

Eight hours after his death, the NYPD stole his body from the hospital and delivered to the morgue with a fraudulent note saying he died of natural causes. The Coroner disagreed, and ruled the manner of death "Undetermi­ned" cause of death "blunt force trauma to the head with skull fractures and brain injuries." No investigat­ion has been held and the NYPD refuses to comply with New York Freedom of Informatio­n laws.

Huffington Post will not cover the story.

Bill

She needs to donate some of the $40mil she extorted out of her ex to the movement. She also needs to lay of the booze for a while!

Tommie T

That's it, just a shove? I have the great honor of deflecting a night stick with my upper arm protecting my head. My brother got shoved by a police horse.

Previous 15 Comments | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15